If you shoot the right pixels you get way more points with m320. And if the medics do their job right you can walk away with 124 - 2 like i did.

Do some revives too for some extra points. Had 70.000+ in that round. Not one rifle bullet wasted.

Okay? I didn't want to say it but I guess I will, people who spam the m320 for days are irritating as hell. I'll have more respect for a guy who goes 2 and 124 and was only using a pistol than a guy who sits in a corner and spams explosives.

There's nothing to be proud of playing like that.

• Like 1

I missed this yesterday. That is AWESOME! :D The A-Team music makes it magical.

Okay? I didn't want to say it but I guess I will, people who spam the m320 for days are irritating as hell. I'll have more respect for a guy who goes 2 and 124 and was only using a pistol than a guy who sits in a corner and spams explosives.

There's nothing to be proud of playing like that.

It's no worse than being the douche with the mortar, or the douche spamming SMAWs down a corridor.

It's no worse than being the douche with the mortar, or the douche spamming SMAWs down a corridor.

That's why he said "spam explosives."

I agree with him. There is nothing to be proud of when people play like that. The game should be played as if you were trying to impress someone, not camp and spam explosives b/c you might get a better k/d that way. No skill is involved.

Yay! Was in a match and had the best kill/death ratio of m life there and I get kicked because of the following.

Me: Ooh a sniper above me on the rocks. (throws grenade)

Me has killed Mr.x

Me: ****in lol what a kill

Kicked!!

Er?

Was it cause I swore or nabmin?

sorry, but for me the MP is now totally useless. i play like once a week so i'm still level 7, and most people seem to be like General of the Army 12. i get slaughtered it's not even amusing anymore. i still don't think "beginner" servers are the way to go, and i agree just dealing with the game as it is should be the approach, but it's just boring now - not even frustrating, just plain boring.

sorry, but for me the MP is now totally useless. i play like once a week so i'm still level 7, and most people seem to be like General of the Army 12. i get slaughtered it's not even amusing anymore. i still don't think "beginner" servers are the way to go, and i agree just dealing with the game as it is should be the approach, but it's just boring now - not even frustrating, just plain boring.

I feel your pain. Keeping up with other players is a nightmare, especially when you don't get a lot of time to play. I didn't play between Tuesday and Thursday this week, and when I came to play Friday night, I got ruined. I mean, I'm not a great player anyway (negative K/D and negative W/L), but I was making ground and generally getting positive K/D, and I finished the night playing with K/Ds of 3-4, 5-9, 3-10, 10-4 and 0-8 respectively, and similar scores today respectively. I know I took a couple of days off, but I didn't think I was going to lose that much skill in three days :/. Even at L25 I'm still getting my ass kicked.

One thing I have noticed though is that people seem to spend a HELL of a lot of time on this game. I can't find a game now without 10%+ players being Leutenant of higher. It's mad! I've got no problem with that, but the side effect of this is that it really hurts casual players, we're basically just cannon fodder. :(

The only thing time played brings with it is map knowledge. The weapons you have to access to at rank 1 are no worse than the weapons you have access to at rank 40. Remember the discussion about the m16a3 in the last page or two? It's a rank 1 gun.

Knowing where to "look" for enemies will get you more kills than a supposed good gun, and you can learn how to do that at rank 1. It's actually kind of amusing, we saw discrimination of high rank players in bc2 as well and it looks like it's starting again in bf3.

• Like 1

The only thing time played brings with it is map knowledge. The weapons you have to access to at rank 1 are no worse than the weapons you have access to at rank 40. Remember the discussion about the m16a3 in the last page or two? It's a rank 1 gun.

Knowing where to "look" for enemies will get you more kills than a supposed good gun, and you can learn how to do that at rank 1. It's actually kind of amusing, we saw discrimination of high rank players in bc2 as well and it looks like it's starting again in bf3.

You act like it isn't anything but the higher ranked players fault in general. What do you expect is going to happen when players are mercilessly killed time and time again, usually within seconds of the last death?"Hurr durr, thats ok keep killing me and ruining my K/D"... No. They are going to try and curve it, so they at least have a fighting chance.

I have to agree. I hardly play and when I do, I am always doing decent, and usually pretty good. I have truly never felt "overpowered." I have always thought out of all games out there, Battlefield always gives everyone a fighting chance, despite rank. But as you pointed out, with higher rank comes more familiarity of the map and all of it's nuances. So sure that is going to offer some kind of advantage, but those advantages can be overcome.

You act like it isn't anything but the higher ranked players fault in general. What do you expect is going to happen when players are mercilessly killed time and time again, usually within seconds of the last death?"Hurr durr, thats ok keep killing me and ruining my K/D"... No. They are going to try and curve it, so they at least have a fighting chance.

Read my entire post and try again. If you are dieing repeatedly it's because you chose to spawn in a bad location or on a team mate who is in a bad spot. You are not dieing because some one else is a high rank, I can kill you just as effectively with the m16a3 that you get at rank 1 as I can with the f2000 that you unlock last as an assault and rank plays no part in that other than meaning I can use the gun. I never understood why people see a high ranking person and automatically think they are amazing. Granted some are but most are not, they just have a lot of play time and that is all.

So again, you are not dieing because some one is high rank. You are dieing because you are unlucky or to be blunt you are bad at the game (speaking in generalities here, not aiming that at a specific person, hell I'm terrible myself). And that's all.

And believe me when I say even as a somewhat high rank I know what it feels like to die quickly and repeatedly because when it comes to spawns I've got the worst luck out of anyone who plays the game. I fully believe that half of my deaths or more are from spawning and instantly dieing because squad mates don't know how to stick to cover. :rofl:

• Like 1

I don't discriminate against higher ranked players, but you don't become so highly ranked with map knowledge alone. Your aim in general is better (see my previous post re: sniping). I know that I need to learn the maps better and improve my aim, but the fact is that getting sodomised every round makes that difficult. Add to that the fact that I'm still adapting to the physics of the game (my last FPS was TF2), and I find this game very challenging.

Frankly I think the discrimination is more towards newbies, who are magically expected to have perfect aim from rank 1, something that players coming from other Battlefield games won't suffer with. If an enemy soldier and I spot each other at the same time, I regularly find that I'll get killed even before I get chance to look through the scope to take the shot. I'm not saying its anyone else fault but my own, but it can be mighty frustrating.

Read my entire post and try again. If you are dieing repeatedly it's because you chose to spawn in a bad location or on a team mate who is in a bad spot. You are not dieing because some one else is a high rank, I can kill you just as effectively with the m16a3 that you get at rank 1 as I can with the f2000 that you unlock last as an assault and rank plays no part in that other than meaning I can use the gun. I never understood why people see a high ranking person and automatically think they are amazing. Granted some are but most are not, they just have a lot of play time and that is all.

So again, you're not dieing because some one is high rank. You are dieing because you are unlucky or to be blunt you are bad at the game (I'm not saying anyone is or isn't, I'm terrible myself). And that's all.

And believe me when I say even as a somewhat high rank I know what it feels like to die quickly and repeatedly because when it comes to spawns I've got the worst luck out of anyone who plays the game. I fully believe that half of my deaths or more are from spawning and instantly dieing because squad mates don't know how to stick to cover. :rofl:

No. If you're going up against someone with 300+ hours invested into the game, generally they will know a lot more about it than you do... Practice makes perfect, and nothing in my post was even mentioning about weapons. Thus the discrimination stems from most people not having the time to invest the countless hours into the game practicing like Generals do, so can you really blame them? HURRDURR TRY AGAIN LOL.

No. If you're going up against someone with 300+ hours invested into the game, generally they will know a lot more about it than you do... Practice makes perfect, and nothing in my post was even mentioning about weapons. Thus the discrimination stems from most people not having the time to invest the countless hours into the game practicing like Generals do, so can you really blame them? HURRDURR TRY AGAIN LOL.

If you can't hack it because some one plays more than you do then that is entirely your own problem. This argument has been going as long as multiplayer games have existed. So people who have more time to play should be penalized somehow? Implement a "feature" that restricts people to a certain amount of hours of playtime a day/week/month? What would you suggest?

And yes, I can really blame them. People should know going in that there are going to be those that are better and play more. Again if they don't realize that then it's entirely their own problem.

• Like 1

(PC)

I need more squad mates on my f list.

Add "fear_my_ego" if you play often, on hardcore, rotation map and rotation gametype, 16-64 players.

I'm lvl 48, 1.4 k/d, 1.2 W/L. I usually play engineer or support with a dash of recon. You'll usually find me in a tank. (Service star+ with each.) I can't fly at all.

After playing this game for some time on Xbox I find it extremely disappointing. The maps range from mediocre to atrocious. Many of the "classic battlefield" maps are far too big on console, They mainly consist of seemingly endless amounts of sprinting only for an enemy to pop up in an obscure location. And a majority of players seem to get under 5 kills, and about as many deaths. It's also generally pointless being a medic on those maps, unless you get a good squad together, but even then...

Once I get past all the nice visuals and animations, I find the game just doesn't play very well at all.

I'd expect it's a much better experience on PC?

After playing this game for some time on Xbox I find it extremely disappointing. The maps range from mediocre to atrocious. Many of the "classic battlefield" maps are far too big on console, They mainly consist of seemingly endless amounts of sprinting only for an enemy to pop up in an obscure location. And a majority of players seem to get under 5 kills, and about as many deaths. It's also generally pointless being a medic on those maps, unless you get a good squad together, but even then...

Once I get past all the nice visuals and animations, I find the game just doesn't play very well at all.

Definitely not like that on the PC. I'm not sure what the player count is on the console, but I rarely find a match that deserted.

It's 12 on 12.

That explains it.

As you probably already know, PC servers support up to 64 players. I play in 32 player servers and I find that to be the sweet spot.

I've had a very difficult time getting into quality matches on Xbox. I don't know what it is. Games have been generally very slow and boring.

Lol what a bunch of moaning Moira`s! Seriously who gives a crap if theres 10% lvl40+ folk in most games. Im lvl17 and I walk out with a decent k/d ratio. I still enjoy the game even when im up against it.

Its pretty flipping ignorant to think that as a newbie player you aint going to get shot a lot or be at a dis-advantage, however even if you play maybe a game or 2 a day or even less, you will still get better and see improvements.

Aslong as you arent some dumb noob who jumps in a plane every round and has a 1kill - 35death ratio you should be fine aslong as you stick close to your team mates and play the game the way its meant to be.

Fact if your not in TDM, your high rank general squad mates will help keep you up, resulting in more points and faster lvl up for the casual player.

So sorry but BS argument.

• Like 1

Lol what a bunch of moaning Moira`s! Seriously who gives a crap if theres 10% lvl40+ folk in most games. Im lvl17 and I walk out with a decent k/d ratio. I still enjoy the game even when im up against it.

Its pretty flipping ignorant to think that as a newbie player you aint going to get shot a lot or be at a dis-advantage, however even if you play maybe a game or 2 a day or even less, you will still get better and see improvements.

Aslong as you arent some dumb noob who jumps in a plane every round and has a 1kill - 35death ratio you should be fine aslong as you stick close to your team mates and play the game the way its meant to be.

Fact if your not in TDM, your high rank general squad mates will help keep you up, resulting in more points and faster lvl up for the casual player.

So sorry but BS argument.

Nobody here disagrees with you man, people were just mentioning the fact that it's frustrating being a newbie and there being such a steep learning curve for people new to the series. The same applies to other games like Counterstrike and (I assume) the CoD games. I still enjoy the game a hell of a lot, even if I am cannon fodder, but for someone who has a background in TF2, where running around like an ass with a minigun is a winning strategy, it's quite a switch to hiding in corners and being patient.

I certainly wasn't trying to cause an argument, I simple posted sympathising with my fellow newbies.