Getting sick of the hackers in this game its getting ridiculous, every server i go on there is always some hacker or glitcher.

175-25 on one server, then i joined another and someone was headshotting people from across the map with shotgun, then another server someone parked helicopter INSIDE a mountain behind US base and was sat in gunners seat raping US spawn yet you couldnt shoot him bullets just bounced off the mountain.

EA/DICE need to do something its completely ruining the game.

Nobody here disagrees with you man, people were just mentioning the fact that it's frustrating being a newbie and there being such a steep learning curve for people new to the series. The same applies to other games like Counterstrike and (I assume) the CoD games. I still enjoy the game a hell of a lot, even if I am cannon fodder, but for someone who has a background in TF2, where running around like an ass with a minigun is a winning strategy, it's quite a switch to hiding in corners and being patient.

I certainly wasn't trying to cause an argument, I simple posted sympathising with my fellow newbies.

In that case, we shall unite and form a nooby alliance :p :)

Of course rank doesn't equate skill. But tell me, which team has the higher chance of winning - one with the average level of 20 or the one where it's 45?

Thats an issue of better balancing teams. Even so those 45`s aint necessarily going to win. I also have the skill of a dead cat, and even still I enjoy the game and getting what kills/captures I can.

• Like 1

Getting sick of the hackers in this game its getting ridiculous, every server i go on there is always some hacker or glitcher.

175-25 on one server, then i joined another and someone was headshotting people from across the map with shotgun, then another server someone parked helicopter INSIDE a mountain behind US base and was sat in gunners seat raping US spawn yet you couldnt shoot him bullets just bounced off the mountain.

Is this on PunkBuster enabled servers as well? If so, yeah that is definitely not good.

Is this on PunkBuster enabled servers as well? If so, yeah that is definitely not good.

I must admit that (as far as I'm aware) I haven't seen any cheating on PB servers. Although the first thing I did on the server list was tick the "Punkbuster only" box.

I have to say the colorblind option is really great. Makes UI stuff much more visible on most maps.

Also I installed the latest Skyrim beta drivers and the latest CAP and now I'm getting constant freezes. Had to completely uninstall everything and clean it with Driver Cleaner and now I installed the stable ones again. Really hope that fixes it.

[edit] Crap. Still freezes. Just can't finish a map. Funnily enough it does not freeze in CO-OP or SP, only in MP. Also there's no crash dump or anything, just a freeze and the sound freezes too and the only thing I can do is hard reboot. 2x 6950's in crossfire. :(

It's 12 on 12.

Yeh I played all the older BF games on PC and I have 3 on 360 cause I have more fiends on it now, only 1 on PC with BF3. the 12 v 12 is limiting and the PC experience is better, but at the same time and going back to the discussion about ranks. Personally I find it doesn't matter what rank people are generally the number1 factor is having a good squad, If I play on my own my KD is OK mostly 1.1ish depending on map, but If I have a full squad of good mates my KD is generally a lot higher in the 2 or 3 range, and the odd game in a night where things go really well I've had KDs of 5 or 6

There are always exceptions to the rules some people are just very very skilled at FPS's some are just not as good, play time is a factor as you learn where people are likely to be/spawn, better upgrades for vehicles and guns that are more powerful do help, but it doesn't make it impossible to get a good KD if you choose a good spawn, I hardly ever spawn on a teammates unless I know for a fact they're clear from enemies. and I always try to play with squads for mates when I can and we work together and choose classes for the map... eg on metro we don't bother the recon or eng as much, generally we're support and assault constantly moving together and putting down ammo and health...but that flips on caspian where we mostly play eng and recon as its a large vehicle heavy map.

squad play, taking your time (no run and guning) and choosing the right equipment for the map are the most important things IMO.

I have to say the colorblind option is really great. Makes UI stuff much more visible on most maps.

Also I installed the latest Skyrim beta drivers and the latest CAP and now I'm getting constant freezes. Had to completely uninstall everything and clean it with Driver Cleaner and now I installed the stable ones again. Really hope that fixes it.

[edit] Crap. Still freezes. Just can't finish a map. Funnily enough it does not freeze in CO-OP or SP, only in MP. Also there's no crash dump or anything, just a freeze and the sound freezes too and the only thing I can do is hard reboot. 2x 6950's in crossfire. :(

Disable on board sound. I.e motherboard. This should stop it

Disable on board sound. I.e motherboard. This should stop it

Unfortunately I use on board sound so I can't disable it. I turned all settings to low now and so far no crashes. Will play a few maps and then start turning one by one to see what's the cause.

Unfortunately I use on board sound so I can't disable it. I turned all settings to low now and so far no crashes. Will play a few maps and then start turning one by one to see what's the cause.

I know it's unlikely since you use Crossfire but do you possibly run a 32bit Windows?

I know it's unlikely since you use Crossfire but do you possibly run a 32bit Windows?

Nope. Still freezes randomly. However I am now able to finish a map -sometimes-. This is really frustrating. :( I played a few other games like Skyrim and Trine 2 and CoD4 and don't have any issues in any of them.

Just want to say that I have been all over the forums as a BF3 fan, previously playing tons of CoD:Black Ops and not much else before that after being Xbox-less for 2 years at college until I got my lovely slim. Love it. I started out playing a run and gun style and ended up (when I noticed) about 266 kills under a 1.0. :cry: So I started paying attention and playing smart, killing it, 2 days later at ~200 above 1.0 something like a 1.02 now. Proud of myself, sharing a BF3 moment.

Just had 3 matches in a row where all I could do is walk around. Everyone drove their Jeeps only to use it as either a taxi, for themselves without waiting or to drive only for a bit. I wasn't even able to frag anyone because the opposite team was too afraid to get out of their spawn or either got fragged the instant they got to a point :pinch:

Nope. Still freezes randomly. However I am now able to finish a map -sometimes-. This is really frustrating. :( I played a few other games like Skyrim and Trine 2 and CoD4 and don't have any issues in any of them.

Its the onboard sound, trust me on this. i went thru every possible fix on this.

Drivers, VRAM, Net Tweaks, Re-installed Win7, and a whole heap more besides.

Get a cheap usb soundcard and run thru that. You can pick them up for under ?5. That or run the sound out via hmdi cable on your gfx card like I am.

I,ll bet if you turn onboard sound off you,ll be able to play any game for aslong as you like without crashes.

I was going near mental with this at one stage till I tried turning my onboard sound off (i hadnt before as i had read it only effect realtek stuff, tho im guessing my mobo uses a rebranded version of realtek).

I have 110 hours on PC and I can honestly say that I've never been certain that I've encountered a hacker in any PB game. (And I only join PB games.)

I've had suspicions here and there, but as the game moves along it's always apparent that they are not hacking, they are just high in skill.

I myself have been accused of cheating multiple times, b/c occasionally I'll go on 15-25 kill runs with a tank or, now that silencers work properly, flank the **** out of the entire enemy team like a ghost. People are very eager to accuse others of cheating if things aren't going their way. In fact, I see someone bitching about it about every other game. Just last night, I was playing some Conquest Large on Caspian Border, my squadmate was in a jet and went on a nice run and 2 ppl started accusing him of cheating. He was 28-30 at the time...

I have played games that aren't on PB servers (mainly due to friend joining, those morons) and I have encountered some obvious hacking in different ways. But again, I have never thought that any player on a PB server was hacking...

I have 110 hours on PC and I can honestly say that I've never been certain that I've encountered a hacker in any PB game. (And I only play PB games.)

I've had suspicions here and there, but as the game moves along it's always apparent that they are not hacking, they are just high in skill.

I myself have been accused of cheating multiple times, b/c occasionally I'll go on 15-25 kill runs with a tank. People are very eager to accuse others of cheating if things aren't going their way. I have played games that aren't on PB servers (mainly due to friend joining, those morons) and I have encountered some obvious hacking in different ways. But again, I have never thought that any player on a PB server was hacking...

Likewise. Cant say Ive seen it in 40 or so hrs

Okay? I didn't want to say it but I guess I will, people who spam the m320 for days are irritating as hell. I'll have more respect for a guy who goes 2 and 124 and was only using a pistol than a guy who sits in a corner and spams explosives.

There's nothing to be proud of playing like that.

Proud? IoI

Were talking about trolling in Metro, what else is there to do?

Have not used the m320 in normal game play once.

If i want to play BF3 i go and play all other maps.

If i want to play CoD i troll in Metro.

I have 110 hours on PC and I can honestly say that I've never been certain that I've encountered a hacker in any PB game. (And I only join PB games.)

Try and play on some hardcore high ticket servers, the server i play on a lot is a 2000 ticket HC server that is punkbuster enabled, you are guaranteed 9 times out of 10 when you join to play to have at least one hacker.

Im not a noob im a Codename Eagle/1942/Desert Combat 'veteran' i know skill, i dont throw out 'omg cheater' every time someone kills me or is better than me but the hackers ive seen arent skilled.

Proud? IoI

Were talking about trolling in Metro, what else is there to do?

Have not used the m320 in normal game play once.

If i want to play BF3 i go and play all other maps.

If i want to play CoD i troll in Metro.

Good for you then, I guess?

Try and play on some hardcore high ticket servers, the server i play on a lot is a 2000 ticket HC server that is punkbuster enabled, you are guaranteed 9 times out of 10 when you join to play to have at least one hacker.

Well, I'm not saying your lying or don't know what your talking about, I'm just saying I've played the game quite a bit and I haven't encountered a single noticeable PB hacker. Your saying 9 out 10 games so there seems to be a discrepancy... I also only play HC games.

And I would never play a 2000 ticket game. That sounds horrible.

If you really feel like that, blacklist the server and move on.

Good for you then, I guess?

I know what he means. Metro does not feel like any of the other BF3 maps, by any means. I only (occasionally) enjoy TDM and low player count rush on it. Easily my least favorite map. IMO, conquest on Metro should be banned across all servers.

It doesn't need to be banned it just needs some serious adjustments made to it. Like I don't get why it only uses half the map. They could add at least 3 more flags to it and the cluster **** stair orgy of m320 spamming would cease to be an issue. Failing that, they need to at the very least move the B flag somewhere else.

• Like 1

Its the onboard sound, trust me on this. i went thru every possible fix on this.

Drivers, VRAM, Net Tweaks, Re-installed Win7, and a whole heap more besides.

Get a cheap usb soundcard and run thru that. You can pick them up for under ?5. That or run the sound out via hmdi cable on your gfx card like I am.

I,ll bet if you turn onboard sound off you,ll be able to play any game for aslong as you like without crashes.

I was going near mental with this at one stage till I tried turning my onboard sound off (i hadnt before as i had read it only effect realtek stuff, tho im guessing my mobo uses a rebranded version of realtek).

I'll give it a try. Thanks!