So is this 3.9 GB download I am getting from Origin the Back To Karkand expansion or did I miss a massive update?

I have not played the game in a good 10 days probably, so just curious as to what it could be and if I need to redownload anything tomorrow?

So is this 3.9 GB download I am getting from Origin the Back To Karkand expansion or did I miss a massive update?

I have not played the game in a good 10 days probably, so just curious as to what it could be and if I need to redownload anything tomorrow?

It is. Or, at least according to the patch notes from last week it contains part of it. So who knows if there will be more to download tonight/tomorrow.

It is. Or, at least according to the patch notes from last week it contains part of it. So who knows if there will be more to download tonight/tomorrow.

Sweet thanks. I guess me launching Origin the day before hoping I could preload it actually worked. (Y)

Sweet thanks. I guess me launching Origin the day before hoping I could preload it actually worked. (Y)

Yeah, also in Battlelog home page on the left side there is a section that says if you're ready for Karkand or not.

You're missing some fun

I've played 1,000 and 1,500 tickets. They are ok, depending on the map and teammates. There is no way I could play more than 1 full game of either in a week's span.

600-800 is long enough for me, I don't like to play rounds that are 40+ minutes long... I prefer variety. 1,000 ticket games make me stop playing for the rest of the day, regardless of my performance.

• Like 1

Yeah, also in Battlelog home page on the left side there is a section that says if you're ready for Karkand or not.

Cool, my next step once this was done was to check if my game manager or whatever they call it was up to date as well, so will look out for this for sure. (Y) Thanks for the quick responses.

What sucks is not sure if I am actually going to get to play it tomorrow night, promised a buddy of mine he could come over so I could help him configure a laptop and work on his tattoos I have drawn for him over the years. But, I have off from work from the 19th until the end of the month, so I have a whole lot of classic BF maps in my immediate future.

So far Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand on the PC is great! Has anyone else been playing it yet ? I really hope they fix some more of the bugs in general.

Uhm... it's not released yet for the pc...?

Muscle memory. With enough experience you can judge by instinct when to shoot when doing drag shots.

Very nice video btw. According to his stats it isn't even a collection of some cherry picked clips to make one look good, guy's genuinely skilled.

Or genuinely using aimbot. Even the slowmo shots clearly show he isn't aiming anywhere near most of these people until the trigger is pulled.

Anyone finding that BF3 has degraded into a total ****ing mess? No one wants to play anymore but run around with shitguns.

Where are the good servers?

It may just be me but, I just don't find BF3 that good. I had more 'fun' playing Bad Company 2. BF3 is just too messy for my opinion. I can't find the exact word to describe what it's missing but it doesn't have the fun factory that BF2: BC2 did. I'm still going at BF3 though, I really want to enjoy it but it's tough at the moment.

• Like 1

Anyone finding that BF3 has degraded into a total ****ing mess? No one wants to play anymore but run around with shitguns.

Where are the good servers?

Nope not at all. Maybe it is you.

All the good servers are 64 slot easy enough to find.

Technically.

You can get around it now by changing your time zone though. Some people are already playing it at this moment.

How shall i do this?

does anyone else lag a ton when zooming in far with sniper rifles? I get a constant 40-60fps on ultra when running around say caspian border, but as soon as I try zooming in a 12x-8x scope on a sniper my fps drops to 20-30

why =(

I <3 sniping

No other way than to kill. And if I remember correctly (can't check if I'm right, as "Battlelog login is currently disabled, please try again in a while") it only takes four kills to unlock the rockets, so there's not a lot to it and from there it's a lot easier with the lock on.

Just look for helicopters and slow moving targets on the ground (tanks).

How can you level up in jets? I only have the machine gun on it, I get locked on to as soon as I take off and shot down before I get anywhere near anyone!!

This is particularly what irks me about Battlefield 3, especially when you play on consoles - as there are just endless 'DICE' or 'EA' servers with totally mixed rankings, and no way of playing against people of a similar level or just joining into a 'newbie' game or something. The unlocks are a great idea but they imbalance the game so much, that folks who DON'T have unlocks for a vehicle are totally outclassed.

I think I just got lucky and after a LOT of failures had one or two games where I found other newbies flying around and managed to get a few kills - thankfully the unlocks come pretty quickly to at least give you flares and heatseekers.

But it does highlight a wider problem IMHO.

• Like 1

You can understand why what?

Alot of people actually use c4. I only ever play the support class just for them. I hate being by an enemy tank, or another vehicle without the ability to destroy it.

You act as if the c4 is a noob weapon such as the rpg, but there is nothing nubish about it. Isn't very easy to sneak up on a tank and take it out. Certainly takes alot more skill to do that than for someone to use a tank to begin with.

Understand why they didn't fully test the service stars for it (the C4). Or at least didn't fix that stats bug, since release.

It's not a popular weapon from my personal experience. And not because it's noobish (how did you get to that?), but because it's just too limited compared to the other options that the support class got (mortar and the claymore mine). Not a lot of people want to commit to chasing tanks on foot or place the explosives and then wait for the right moment to trigger it, without the ability to hold a weapon and help with at least flanking the enemy.

This is particularly what irks me about Battlefield 3, especially when you play on consoles - as there are just endless 'DICE' or 'EA' servers with totally mixed rankings, and no way of playing against people of a similar level or just joining into a 'newbie' game or something. The unlocks are a great idea but they imbalance the game so much, that folks who DON'T have unlocks for a vehicle are totally outclassed.

I think I just got lucky and after a LOT of failures had one or two games where I found other newbies flying around and managed to get a few kills - thankfully the unlocks come pretty quickly to at least give you flares and heatseekers.

But it does highlight a wider problem IMHO.

Perseverance my friend, perseverance. The best don't get to where they are by complaining that they get owned. They get owned AND learn, they get through the worst part until they get their unlocks and start owning :D It isn't a problem as much as working hard to where you're better. Even if you're getting owned, that's part of the experience progress imo. We all went through it, sucked it up until we got the unlocks.

Perseverance my friend, perseverance. The best don't get to where they are by complaining that they get owned. They get owned AND learn, they get through the worst part until they get their unlocks and start owning :D It isn't a problem as much as working hard to where you're better. Even if you're getting owned, that's part of the experience progress imo. We all went through it, sucked it up until we got the unlocks.

But it just puts people off. It's certainly put me off from playing more often even though I'm getting some unlocks and stuff...