This is particularly what irks me about Battlefield 3, especially when you play on consoles - as there are just endless 'DICE' or 'EA' servers with totally mixed rankings, and no way of playing against people of a similar level or just joining into a 'newbie' game or something. The unlocks are a great idea but they imbalance the game so much, that folks who DON'T have unlocks for a vehicle are totally outclassed.

I think I just got lucky and after a LOT of failures had one or two games where I found other newbies flying around and managed to get a few kills - thankfully the unlocks come pretty quickly to at least give you flares and heatseekers.

But it does highlight a wider problem IMHO.

Yea, they should have an offline training arena or something, where players can get the unlocks. And not necessarily get them quicker but at least it wouldn't be such an uphill struggle. Even with flares and heatseekers and I find myself evading most of the time, unable to do a whole lot other than some fancy flying.

What gets me. I select game type, select the map I want. It loads, then ha a new game has started on a different map.

Or I start and the round has just ended. I joined one the other day as soon as I started it said "your team won."

I wish it could start you in a round that just started, or wait for a new one to start.

This might be a stupid question. But how do I know if "Back to Karkand" is currently installed?

Stupid indeed. People with the Limited Edition get a notification which says that with the update from last week, all you have to do is start BF3 and play. That's pretty neat. I got this notification after making this post. Hence why I'm posting this info as well :p

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I didn't have to download the expansion pack today. It turns out that it was already included in the previous update. :) I guess that explains why it was 3.9 GB.

What gets me. I select game type, select the map I want. It loads, then ha a new game has started on a different map.

Or I start and the round has just ended. I joined one the other day as soon as I started it said "your team won."

I wish it could start you in a round that just started, or wait for a new one to start.

I agree. I really don't mind joining into a server sometimes when I game is ending. I can't expect the server to magically start a match only when I get there. What does annoy me is being tagged for a loss in this specific situation.

This is particularly what irks me about Battlefield 3, especially when you play on consoles - as there are just endless 'DICE' or 'EA' servers with totally mixed rankings, and no way of playing against people of a similar level or just joining into a 'newbie' game or something. The unlocks are a great idea but they imbalance the game so much, that folks who DON'T have unlocks for a vehicle are totally outclassed.

I think I just got lucky and after a LOT of failures had one or two games where I found other newbies flying around and managed to get a few kills - thankfully the unlocks come pretty quickly to at least give you flares and heatseekers.

But it does highlight a wider problem IMHO.

Chicanes right, im starting to unlock stuff on the jets, the mad thing is with the choppers n jets the more unlocks you get the easier it is to own in them, i have all unlocks for chopper and can manage a full round without being shot down, it does take a lot of work though, but worth it when you finally get them all :o)

Chicanes right, im starting to unlock stuff on the jets, the mad thing is with the choppers n jets the more unlocks you get the easier it is to own in them, i have all unlocks for chopper and can manage a full round without being shot down, it does take a lot of work though, but worth it when you finally get them all :o)

This is why they need it even easier to shoot down choppers and jets. It sucks being on the opposing team because you constantly get base raped by them. And it sucks if you're on the same team because others never get to fly. B@stard. :rofl:

Note to all of you out there: even easier for roadkill to happen ;)

First experience in Back to Karkand is wake island I believe, horse shoe looking in shape. Needless to say I ran over 3 guys (decided it was how I wanted to learn the map) and ha it was hilarious two guys at one base one circle around the base - both staring at the sky and the 3rd T a nearby base trying to kill me with rockets. Now on Steike at Karkand 5-0 new map!

We'll see about that later on this year when I have the time to play during my christmas break :p

But that's the same for all. though helicopters are quite hard to shoot down once upgrade,e specially if one or two have the self healing. it pretty much requires 3 people to fire AA missiles at the same time, after the pilot and passenger are both out of flares.

But Recon have the same issue. as you level up your guns gets more and more godly until you have a fully upgrade M98B that one shots in your big toe

what the ****, when I was joining a server origin randomly "lost connection" and logged me out, and now its just telling me my password is wrong.

That's an issue with the login server being congested or crashed - SWTOR was released for pre-order people today, expect Origin to have issues.

That's an issue with the login server being congested or crashed - SWTOR was released for pre-order people today, expect Origin to have issues.

This is bull****, I've never seen this **** happen with steam. Steam friends will go down but it will never stop you from logging in.

SWTOR doesn't release early for pre-orders till the 15th and even then it's not all pre-orders but a handful will be allowed to log in each day up until the release day on the 20th. This isn't related to anything to do with SWTOR

This is bull****, I've never seen this **** happen with steam.

You may not, but I have - especially when Steam was new/young the system was down all the time.

SWTOR doesn't release early for pre-orders till the 15th and even then it's not all pre-orders but a handful will be allowed to log in each day up until the release day on the 20th. This isn't related to anything to do with SWTOR

Except I have people playing SWTOR right now on my friends lists, IRC, Facebook and Twitter - they already released a bunch (and I mean a large bunch) of people to play. They're currently releasing "Wave 2" according to the SWTOR forums.

Starting December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access.

http://www.swtor.com/early-access

You may not, but I have - especially when Steam was new/young the system was down all the time.

Except I have people playing SWTOR right now on my friends lists, IRC, Facebook and Twitter.

2 things. When steam was young it was one of the first digital distribution services, and the internet infrastructure was nowhere near what it is now, and valve is/was a MUCH smaller company. EA has the ****ing resources to have enough servers to stop this **** from happening, this kind of unreliability is NOT acceptable. One DLC should not totally crash origins servers.

EA has always cut corners when it comes to server reliability and it needs to stop.

2 things. When steam was young it was one of the first digital distribution services, and the internet infrastructure was nowhere near what it is now, and valve is/was a MUCH smaller company.

Valve also doesn't do pretty much anything else than maintain Steam nowadays neither have they done much in the past years either. But yes, I agree EA needs to improve their service considerably, in both features and reliability.

Also my guess that it might have something to do with SWTOR is merely speculation, not a fact. Not by a long shot. I merely know that they've released waves of pre-orders today and it *might* have something to do with it.

The new patch seems to have fixed a lot things, however it hasn't fixed the TDM spawning, at least in the matches I played earlier. I got spawn killed at least 3 times per match. Other than that, it seems alright. Am really loving the new maps and weapons from Back to Karkand :)

Hopefully DICE will be fixing the TDM spawning further soon

The new patch seems to have fixed a lot things, however it hasn't fixed the TDM spawning, at least in the matches I played earlier. I got spawn killed at least 3 times per match. Other than that, it seems alright. Am really loving the new maps and weapons from Back to Karkand :)

Hopefully DICE will be fixing the TDM spawning further soon

The solution to that would be to not play TDM. :rofl:

I kid.

Umm, Origin has nothing to do with SWTOR, aside from being able to pre-order from there. It uses it's own login/authentication servers. It also does NOT require Origin to play so I don't know what you guys are on about (this has been confirmed many times).

But any ways, I wouldn't be surprised if people who didn't log in to download the 3GB patch last week are just dong it today causing everything to just die.