Wow, the expansion pack is pure awesome! I'm not much of a gamer, but it definitively brought back memories of the BF2 days.

Did the patch fix something to prevent people from spawn camping? I had a ton of people try to do that to me and I was able to blow them away before taking any damage. If so, thank god.

I've picked up a few BtK guns from fallen players. THe FAMAS is kick ass, too bad I have no $$$$ for it. :(

The last update was a big one 4.2 GB or 3.9 for consoles.

The one that pops up asking if I would like to download it for the 360 is 2.09 GB. When I goto the dashboard and open battlefield then "addons' it talks about the update and says "download again" since I had to cancel it, but it says it needs that update to play the expansion. So once this update downloads, will the option to download the expansion pop up? The expansion is listed on that screen with the update but it says i need points?

The one that pops up asking if I would like to download it for the 360 is 2.09 GB. When I goto the dashboard and open battlefield then "addons' it talks about the update and says "download again" since I had to cancel it, but it says it needs that update to play the expansion. So once this update downloads, will the option to download the expansion pop up? The expansion is listed on that screen with the update but it says i need points?

I am not sure about those points since I have no experience with XBOX, but yeah thats the update you need to download to play the DLC maps

I started up my LE of BF3 this morning before work. It asked if I wanted to download an update. It's kind of big so I started it, but it was going to slow. So I stopped it since I'm going to work. But looking at the info it says that update is needed to play the expansion. After I download that will it say there is another download available?

No you shouldn't need another dl

The last update was a big one 4.2 GB or 3.9 for consoles.

2.07GB for consoles (360 at least)

The update and expansion are the same...just in you have the LE the maps unlock automatically when you dl the update if you have the standard version you have to go into the store and purchase the maps...there shouldn't be another dl though.

glad to hear the expansion is good. BTW didn't mean to stir any controversy when i said that the generals of the army are ruining my enjoyment of this game...not accusing anyone of cheating, just reporting my experience. Larry is right, this isn't COD, you can't just do twenty minutes a week, you won't enjoy it. this is like the Starcraft of shooters, or more like CS than COD. i'm not saying it's a bad thing, if you can spare the time or don't mind getting demolished, then it's fun. i personally don't mind my depressing ratio so much and the fact that almost two months on i'm still freakin level 7. i just am being honest and saying that at this juncture the MP is boring to me, because there's no way i can get into it now.

and i also agree with Dot Matrix, the game has no desire to randomize teams. it actually seems to enjoy grouping GOA's together.

The whole issue of team balancing is a difficult one. You can't just shuffle teams because there are generally a lot of people playing together. It's annoying enough when I join a server with a buddy and I get swapped to the other side because I was the last person to join.

What's the deal with the "assignments" screen that started to pop at the end of the round, before the score screen? Only noticed it started since yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZYP4.png

Interesting, looks like pre-defined custom layouts.. Might be some sort of quick switch to different layouts?

What's the deal with the "assignments" screen that started to pop at the end of the round, before the score screen? Only noticed it started since yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZYP4.png

They're the challenges for unlocking the new guns featured in Back to Karkand. Rather than giving you a score to pass, these weapons are unlocked through challenges. Frustratingly some of those challenges force you to play modes such as Squad Deathmatch, and win five rounds of it. Some of the challenges are fun though, such as 'Fixin It'. Basically, repair ten vehicles as an Engineer and then kill someone with the Blowtorch.

Woo hoo looks like I'm finally getting my video card today! I'll be rejoining you guys soon!

On another note, I actually picked up BF3 for PS3 (had a gift card). It's actually not that bad! Of course, the graphics on PC is miles ahead. Took a few games to get the hang of it, that's for sure. Much easier to fly jets and helis with a gamepad.

• Like 1

They're the challenges for unlocking the new guns featured in Back to Karkand. Rather than giving you a score to pass, these weapons are unlocked through challenges. Frustratingly some of those challenges force you to play modes such as Squad Deathmatch, and win five rounds of it. Some of the challenges are fun though, such as 'Fixin It'. Basically, repair ten vehicles as an Engineer and then kill someone with the Blowtorch.

Didn't know new weapons and challenges to unlock them were added. I was fine with jus tthe new maps added :)

Didn't know new weapons and challenges to unlock them were added. I was fine with jus tthe new maps added :)

There are quite a few new guns in the game, which pleases me a lot. The FAMAS is the first one you'll probably get since it's 10 Revives and 10 Heals. The gun seems to be a better F2000, except the iron sights are a joke.

How is the 360 community doing? I can't hold back any longer, am going to go pick this up later today. But, I want to make sure that the community is strong and haven't all jumped to MW3.

The blowtorch thing is one of those hater things. It means there will be lots of idiots running around with a blowtorch hoping to kill someone, only ending up dying a few millions times and losing their team the round.

Same problem I have with recon. Since the upgraded recon gun is so good. You have a lot of idiots Lyon around camping with the suck sniper, not contributing at all during conquest. Jus dying and losing tickets and they slowly gather the required kills.

So I just finished the single player. I hope so much they NEVER make a sequel. If there is going to be a sequel, I hope they bring some more original ideas and reinvent the wheel a bit more. It was awful! And the press a key for action sequences were terrible, shameless and crap ripoffs from CoD and felt like they were copied from CoD.

So I just finished the single player. I hope so much they NEVER make a sequel. It was awful! And the press a key for action sequences were terrible, shameless and crap ripoffs from CoD.

You're free to dislike it but I think you're taking it too far by hoping that they don't make a sequel. I'm not a big fan of quick time events but I thought they were alright. How were they ripoffs from Call of Duty? I wasn't aware that any Call of Duty game had quick time events.

And instead of just simply stating that a game is bad, it's better to explain why you think it's bad.

You're free to dislike it but I think you're taking it too far by hoping that they don't make a sequel. I'm not a big fan of quick time events but I thought they were alright. How were they ripoffs from Call of Duty? I wasn't aware that any Call of Duty game had quick time events.

And instead of just simply stating that a game is bad, it's better to explain why you think it's bad.

Perhaps I was being a bit OTT. In CoD:MW2 they had quick time like events, however the time in which you had to click the mouse or press a key was a lot more relaxed. In BF:3, you really had to be quick and I ended up dying far too much.

The story wasn't bad. I just feel it was quite linear in the sense that you couldn't roam around as much, or you were stuck to scripted events.

The mission where there was a Russian plane attacking you and you team (near the end) and if you were not in the right cover, you'd just die. Maybe it was a bug on my system where the sounds of the plane's bullets hitting the ground didn't go off - That really annoyed me. If a plane was firing it's minigun or whatever, I'd expect to hear the bullets hitting the ground...

Maybe Skyrim has just clouded my views on games..

This is just how dumb DICE really are. Everyone on consoles is complaining about Wake Island only having 3 flags, and everyone wants 5.

DICE developer Gustav Halling said on Twitter when asked about it, that they find 5 flags to make the game boring and not fun.

So if this is true, then how come PC 16 player Wake Island has 5...

I'm starting to beleive DICE don't even play their own games.

This is just how dumb DICE really are. Everyone on consoles is complaining about Wake Island only having 3 flags, and everyone wants 5.

DICE developer Gustav Halling said on Twitter when asked about it, that they find 5 flags to make the game boring and not fun.

So if this is true, then how come PC 16 player Wake Island has 5...

I'm starting to beleive DICE don't even play their own games.

I can see why they used 3 flags with 24 people max, 5 would spread the players and it would not be that much fun on such a big map.

• Like 1