I'd be up for joining a 360 platoon, I don't have any xbox friends with BF3 so it's all feeling a bit lonely! :(

(I'm an ex PC gamer who's been playing since BF1942, but decided sofas are more comfortable :p )

Add me on LIVE, StealthyWalker is my gamer tag.

I just created the platoon for 360. Same as PC the name is Neowin.net but is automatically under Xbox. Anyone feel free to join up.

Question for people who fly, what do you use? KB only, KB and mouse, controller/joystick? and if you use KB do you remap any keys. I like the KB for fast movement and the mouse for precision but the helicopter is making me crazy.

Mouse + keyboard for me. Both for helicopters and jets. Only on jets I increase my DPI to the max (using MX518 mouse and there's quick DPI change buttons on it so it's a no issue) for smoother controls. For helicopters I keep the DPI the same as when I'm on foot and only turn left and right using the keyboard (W and D keys). The rest, is with the mouse.

Yes it should.

Question for people who fly, what do you use? KB only, KB and mouse, controller/joystick? and if you use KB do you remap any keys. I like the KB for fast movement and the mouse for precision but the helicopter is making me crazy.

I use KB + Mouse only. I have no trouble with jets or choppers :) Helps to have decent dpi (I am running 1800), or else it takes too much mouse movement to turn the jet.

Yes it should.

KB & Mouse.

Hey has anyone tried the campaign since the patch? I tried loading it and I keep getting "Game Disconnected - Something went Wrong Message" after loading a level. Seems like a lot of people on Battlelog forums have this problem too!

No one else has this problem?

Did anyone else noticed "Familiar Territory" doesn't count the passed time on karkand right? It definitely took me more than two hours to complete the other assignments while playing only on strike at karkand, but it only shows 54 minutes in the stats: http://i.imgur.com/7q7RN.jpg

Is it updated once a day, or something? Other stats updates properly though :huh:

edit:

Tried now, seems to work without any issues (I'm only at "Uprising). Which level are you on? Try a different one.

Starting to like the Anti Aircraft. Can get lots of spot bonuses and kill assists. If I have good chopper and jet pilots on my team I rarely get attacked because they swoop in and take the focus away from me when the enemy come to kill me.

I had it a few times when I first tried playing after installing the patch. I just quit Origin and Battlelog and then tried again. That seemed to fix it. Good Luck.

Starting to like the Anti Aircraft. Can get lots of spot bonuses and kill assists. If I have good chopper and jet pilots on my team I rarely get attacked because they swoop in and take the focus away from me when the enemy come to kill me.

Yeah, its a great role to fill if you know how to do it. You double as a powerful anti-infantry gun as well (even at extreme ranges if you are in a high enough position).

Starting to wish I could find a decent team of people to play this in the evenings with. I.e get some Teamspeak or something on the go aswell and play with co-ordination.

Its fun playing on your own as a BF nooby, but wish I could find something for an hour or 2 at nights where im playing with regular team mates and its not too serious. I.e bit of TS/Vent banter.

Wanting to get into this, as after wow for 5yrs its a nice break to be playing fps games online again. Tho I also fear this has made me weak and I get shot to **** now. Mind you dont help my flatemate likes to log on and spawn>suicide repeat just to get a shot of a chopper ><.

Starting to wish I could find a decent team of people to play this in the evenings with. I.e get some Teamspeak or something on the go aswell and play with co-ordination.

Its fun playing on your own as a BF nooby, but wish I could find something for an hour or 2 at nights where im playing with regular team mates and its not too serious. I.e bit of TS/Vent banter.

Wanting to get into this, as after wow for 5yrs its a nice break to be playing fps games online again. Tho I also fear this has made me weak and I get shot to **** now. Mind you dont help my flatemate likes to log on and spawn>suicide repeat just to get a shot of a chopper ><.

I will never understand why people love the vehicles, im always seeing them shot down, i last a lot longer on the ground myself so i never try to fly or get in a tank.

I will never understand why people love the vehicles, im always seeing them shot down, i last a lot longer on the ground myself so i never try to fly or get in a tank.

I get into a vehicle in order to get rid of the other vehicles. There is only so much an RPG, Javelin or SAM can do.

I get into a vehicle in order to get rid of the other vehicles. There is only so much an RPG, Javelin or SAM can do.

Yeah same, If I had a team where the engineers worked together at killing tanks, it wouldn't be as bad. Usually everyone runs and hides, one RPG isn't good against a tank.

Just sold my 360 and all my gear to get a PS3 so I could play with friends because of this. I had the same thing in BFBC2, I'd get on a quality squad for maybe 15% of the time - just wasn't the same.

This time yesterday we were planning a LAN that turned into 12 straight hours of BF3 on the Xbox 360; I love being on break from college.

Thats awesome. We are doing a MW3/BF3 party on Wednesday, very much looking forward to that.

And I agree on the vehicles. Only time I use a vehicle is to transport behind the lines or if a tank is in a good position. No planes or choppers (although it would be fun to get a squad together to drop in - neigh impossible to do with strangers).

The last round I played where I went 23-2 I was in an APC on Sharqi Penninsula. It literally only got taken out once, which was the entire reason for my K/D Ratio. If you play it smart and also have a good engineer, which I did in the gunners, a vehicle can last a long time.

With that said, all it takes is another person on the other team who is also good with vehicles, and it usually turns into a showdown with that person. Honestly that is what appeals to me so much about the vehicles, tanks especially. When you have another good team in a tank on the opposite team, it literally turns into a game within the game, and it plays out like a chess match IMO. The one person is always trying to make a move that will give them the advantage over the other. Especially if both drivers are also capping flags in Conquest, it really is a whole damn lot of fun and an entire different experience from being on the ground. Like I said, almost a game within the game. And although I also love playing on foot, there is nothing like the experience of the vehicles when they are used properly, and one of the main reasons I love the BF series.

I have seen a couple of websites like BF3Stats, but is there anything out there where you can view your stats from the last 24 hrs, or previous week?

Kind of yes. If you are on PC you can go to the official Battlelog website, so I am assuming you also can on the consoles as well, and it lists all your previous matches so you can see the stats for each match. Don't think you can sort them by last week or month though.

How to make Battlefield 3 look better.

I haven't tried it yet. It looks promising.

Not only does this work, it's better than advertised. Not only can you change the game's saturation, you fine tweak the black levels, separate AA settings and more!

The guy's listed change values have too much saturation and bloom, after that, the game looks much better and it's easier to see into the shadows!