This is the best video game commercial I've ever seen.

Your serious?

:/

I can only wish that all, live action, video game commercials would cease to exist. They are not funny, they are not entertaining, and they are not educational about the game they are promoting. They are lame and corny. Why advertise a video game by using dorky ass frat boys instead of the engine they've worked years on? I'm embarrassed.

This is worse than "is it real, or is it Battlefield 3?" and almost as bad as that horrible MW3 commercial with Dwight Howard.

WE NEED HIGHER STANDARDS!

Thanks man, the kind words are appreciated. And seriously there is zero doubt in my mind that these will absolutely improve your experience with the controller tremendously. It is such a simple piece of plastic at the end of the day that really makes a world of difference. Whomever invented this deserves to video game equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize IMO. :laugh: I am not kidding when I say I seriously cannot go back to using a regular Dualshock controller without these now. But they truly solved the problem of the R2/L2 buttons. Definitely let me know what you think of them if you do pick them up. (Y)

Happy birthday, bro. Was out doing some shopping and my local GameStop had two sets of these (which included 2 rubber grips for the sticks). Decided to pick a set up, even though Amazon was cheaper. Holy hell man, definitely make a difference. Whenever I used to use L2 for grenade or using L2/R2 for vehicles, my fingers would just slip and felt uncomfortable. These totally eliminate that. Have to give a shout for the rubber analog stick grips too.

Thanks again, dude!

How do you level up the anti-aircraft weapons?

you can only level the mobile ones as far as i know you do this like anything else just using them. the fixed ones in the bases can't be leveled.

Your serious?

I can only wish that all, live action, video game commercials would cease to exist. They are not funny, they are not entertaining, and they are not educational about the game they are promoting. They are lame and corny. Why advertise a video game by using dorky ass frat boys instead of the engine they've worked years on? I'm embarrassed.

This is worse than "is it real, or is it Battlefield 3?" and almost as bad as that horrible MW3 commercial with Dwight Howard.

Yes, I'm serious. I've seen a lot of video game commercials and this one is great because the idea is unique. It's based on something that can be done in Battlefield 3 but not in Modern Warfare 3. It's also based on what I'd consider to be a small joke in the game. In case you're unaware of it, there's a drive-able forklift in the Gulf of Oman map. You can see it in action in the

. Aside from admiring the commercial for what it's based on, I appreciate the effort behind it. It wasn't made by "dorky ass frat boys". And the guys you see in the trailer aren't just actors. They're also filmmakers, VFX experts, and musicians... all of whom are very talented. You can view their respective YouTube channels here and here.

You may not like it but that doesn't mean it's bad. Anyway, it's a nice change from standard in-game trailers.

yeah its only the LAV-AD and the TUNGUSKA-M, not the PANTSIR and CENTURION C-RAM, but like everything else just use them and get kills likes like 2 to get the AA missiles.

For 360 Conquest on Wake as RU have them...Rush on Noshair canals has it on defence...I'm sure sure what else and I think the PC has them on different maps.

Happy birthday, bro. Was out doing some shopping and my local GameStop had two sets of these (which included 2 rubber grips for the sticks). Decided to pick a set up, even though Amazon was cheaper. Holy hell man, definitely make a difference. Whenever I used to use L2 for grenade or using L2/R2 for vehicles, my fingers would just slip and felt uncomfortable. These totally eliminate that. Have to give a shout for the rubber analog stick grips too.

Thanks again, dude!

No problem. And thanks. (Y)

So me and my wife got a new puppy 2 days ago, he is pretty damn chill except for the waking up once every hour at night. Anyway I have off for work for 2 weeks, so I decided when my wife went to sleep I would play some BF3, but I had to play with the volume completely down on the PC so I could listen for the puppy if he cried. Bad idea. My k/d went to hell, and I was in the middle of playing and would have to run and comfort him, sometimes in the middle of driving a tank. My squadmates hated me and I did awful. :/ :laugh: Desperate times call for desperate measures.

So me and my wife got a new puppy 2 days ago, he is pretty damn chill except for the waking up once every hour at night. Anyway I have off for work for 2 weeks, so I decided when my wife went to sleep I would play some BF3, but I had to play with the volume completely down on the PC so I could listen for the puppy if he cried. Bad idea. My k/d went to hell, and I was in the middle of playing and would have to run and comfort him, sometimes in the middle of driving a tank. My squadmates hated me and I did awful. :/ :laugh: Desperate times call for desperate measures.

aww cute, I had the dog and cat pestering me yesterday...dog I can cope with...but the cat jumped up on my desk and was getting in the way!

what breed of puppy you got? pics?

P.S. Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday.

And about the puppy,

post-407818-0-75814500-1324481635.jpg

Your serious?

Lol lighten up man. I thought it was hilarious (this and the MW3 one). From a marketing point of view, I think these are brilliant. It's a different way of engaging casual gamers who don't watch gameplay videos on youtube. Me personally, I have been out of the PC gaming scene for a few months (before I built my PC) and I didn't know Battlefield 3 existed until I heard about the Beta.

I think this is something Battlefield needs to do more of. I like what they have done since the game has released. I had a friend (who is MW3 fanboy and non-PC gamer show me a Battlefield 3 video that was posted on a website (WorldStarHipHop.com I think). It was the video of the the player jumping out of the jet, shooting down the enemy jet and jumping back in.

This is something that the CoD series has really taken advantage of. The night that MW3 released, they had an event Downtown Toronto (Dundas Square) where they had real military vehicles, soldiers with guns, and a whole row of TVs where you could try out the Campaign.

Yeah, when BC2 came out my son was just about to turn one. My wife and I both work 12-hour night shifts so we have to work opposite nights so one is home with the kid. Normally, my boy slept really well for his age, hardly ever got up or cried...EXCEPT when I was playing BC2 late night. Bought a Turtle Beach headset (which I'm happy to say works with PS3, too!) and that didn't even help. Many times I had to bail in the middle of a fight :laugh: We aint getting' any younger, that is for sure.

:D Thanks everyone, and sorry to others for going OT, but people asked so just providing, and the pics can be seen as relevant to the thread, as Oliver (that is his name, Ollie) is directly responsible for dropping my K/D Ratio almost .2. :laugh:

So here are pics of my new pup...

Ollie_01.jpg

Ollie_02.jpg

I am positive I will get some good shots or videos of him watching me play games. Good news is he is not bothered my loud noise at all it seems. I have seen some dogs that freak out with video game audio. So yeah, glad he is not like that.

And indeed, soLoredd, we are not getting any younger at all. I just recored the latest Neowin Gamers Podcast last night, should be out on Friday, and although I had no intent for it to be so, my age was a recurring theme throughout. Just was talking about how when one does not have a lot of time to game but still loves to game, how that affects decisions such as what games to play, what games not to play, etc. It is what it is though.

:D Thanks everyone, and sorry to others for going OT, but people asked so just providing, and the pics can be seen as relevant to the thread, as Oliver

Great name! I got a teacup Shih-Tzu puppy 3 weeks ago and named him Oliver.

He is possibly the cutest thing I have seen in a long while.

Awww, he is soooo cute (Y)

Thanks to the both of you. (Y) It makes it so damn hard to discipline him, but alas it needs to be done. I am not raising a spoiled little pup, he is going to be man pup. :laugh:

Great name! I got a teacup Shih-Tzu puppy 3 weeks ago and named him Oliver.

Haha. Nice. And indeed, awesome name. (Y) Just popped into my head while driving out of nowhere. It seems to fit him well too.

So the little bugger is actually asleep in his crate, he had his first big adventure in my backyard, so going to try and sneak in some play time. If I do not pass out from exhaustion first. :rofl:

:D Thanks everyone, and sorry to others for going OT, but people asked so just providing, and the pics can be seen as relevant to the thread, as Oliver (that is his name, Ollie) is directly responsible for dropping my K/D Ratio almost .2. :laugh:

Great looking puppy. My wife rescued a dog in March of this year, a one year old boxer/pit. I wasn't too thrilled at the idea - not the breed but just the responsibility. Kids are easier to raise, in my opinion (vacations you can just take them, they become self-reliant...eventually!) but animals are different. Anyway, he's been a pleasure and I am totally taken by him. He's my buddy and whenever I sit down to play games or watch sports he just lays at my feet. So awesome and not high maintenance at all. Most importantly, my son gets along with him great, they play all the time, even though the dog forgets his size advantage every now and then!

Back to the age thing real quick: my good friend hosted a MW3 LAN party for his son and 8 of his friends today. Decided to meet up with them and spent the better part of 7 hours today gaming with 3 other adults and 9 kids. We had 3 PS3s connected via wifi on 3 TVs, it was a blast. But I can't get over the sucker punch feeling every time one of those little punks referred to us as the "old guys". I actually caught myself channeling my dad; one of the kids was complaining that he had to play on the 37" SDTV for a match. I was like "Dude, when I was your age, we played on 13" TVs and the controller was always plugged in to the Nintendo!" My buddy and I were laughing because on one hand it was true and you had great memories of that, while on the other hand you remember being that age and thinking you will never be like your parents saying stuff like that :laugh:

Ah well...sorry, back to BF3!

Christmas meets Battlefield 3

EPIC!

People seem to be able to watch it, let me know if you still cant.

Seems they wont remove the copyright, gonna have ot delete it and re upload it....

Hurry UP :p

This is something that the CoD series has really taken advantage of. The night that MW3 released, they had an event Downtown Toronto (Dundas Square) where they had real military vehicles, soldiers with guns, and a whole row of TVs where you could try out the Campaign.

It's called a gimmick.

I don't care for them.

http://www.shacknews...eld-2143-teased

You guys see that? I would so be down for 2143 expansion on BF3! I agree with Capric0rn, the DLC needs to be more than updated maps - even though Karkand is bad ass. The thing is, Karkand is so cool for those of us BF2 veterans...I can see a newer player to the series looking at it like "Pffft, all they did was recycle and update a previous map."

I think Vietnam was excellent of DICE - it added a whole new experience to the game while not changing gameplay hardly at all. Best FPS DLC in a long time, in my opinion.

Yeah, I've posted this a few pages back :p It's why I mentioned it later on, haha. I'm really hoping that DICE is going to make the next DLC something similar to Vietnam for BC2.