Haven't played for two weeks. Just tried the holographic sight on the M16a3.. not bad, might take a while to get used to it. How do you go about mid/long range shots with it? or don't even bother?

^I use it for mid/long range and just burst fire. I only go full auto whenever the enemy is really close, like 1 meter away.

Haven't played for two weeks. Just tried the holographic sight on the M16a3.. not bad, might take a while to get used to it. How do you go about mid/long range shots with it? or don't even bother?

Press V or w/e your button for switch firing mode is and then single shot.

Had a great game on Gulf of Oman.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/14357172/1/178363149/

Beginning to really enjoy the new maps. Also enjoying Karkand, although generally I lose whilst playing on Assault, I find the challenge of trying to cap all the points great fun.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/14348816/1/178363149/

Finding it much more enjoyable actually trying to play the game the way it's meant to be played. I've more or less given up on Recon for now (apart from maybe unlocking the soflam), and trying to get the javelin with the engineer.

Yeah, just burst/single shot it. Only way to do long distance with assault rifles.

Also I have found my new weapon of choice FAMAS with the M145, foregrip and heavy barrel. Lethal at close range and I was taking out snipers with it at a good distance (all I could see was the scope glint).

Had a great game on Gulf of Oman.

http://battlelog.bat...72/1/178363149/

Beginning to really enjoy the new maps. Also enjoying Karkand, although generally I lose whilst playing on Assault, I find the challenge of trying to cap all the points great fun.

http://battlelog.bat...16/1/178363149/

Finding it much more enjoyable actually trying to play the game the way it's meant to be played. I've more or less given up on Recon for now (apart from maybe unlocking the soflam), and trying to get the javelin with the engineer.

Try using Recon on smaller maps. I've been doing really well on Grand Bazzar, especially in the Alleyway, I got the QBU (The Recon Sniper unlocked in one of the assignments) and it's pretty good. I'm trying to bring up my Recon score as well :p

On the B2K maps, I usually use Engineers (javelin for those damn tanks) or Assault (medkits and revives).

Game has been really discouraging lately, it seems like every server has become: Baserape, or be baseraped.

I haven't had a solid matchup in ages, it's just these meme spouting college students looking for easy points, and flip flopping teams to try and have better odds...

I haven't had a solid matchup in ages, it's just these meme spouting college students looking for easy points, and flip flopping teams to try and have better odds...

Do you guys still have school vacations going on? Usually over here multiplayer games are hell during christmas/summer vacations and straightens out quickly after kids go to school.

Do you guys still have school vacations going on? Usually over here multiplayer games are hell during christmas/summer vacations and straightens out quickly after kids go to school.

I was certain once school was back in session it would get better, but... No, not really. Christmas/New Years break is over.

I was certain once school was back in session it would get better, but... No, not really. Christmas/New Years break is over.

UK holidays are still on (dono about the rest of Europe), Monday 9th is the 1st day back...should get better after that...plus you have all the people who just got it for Christmas and aren't very good playing atm as well.

UK holidays are still on (dono about the rest of Europe), Monday 9th is the 1st day back...should get better after that...plus you have all the people who just got it for Christmas and aren't very good playing atm as well.

Same here in Denmark for most places. With the exception of the school I go to :angry:

I actually need to get back on this game, I've been playing a lot of Crysis 2 lately again, so haven't had the time for much BF3. Which is a shame, cuz I still need more skill in BF3.

Where does the M416 stand in the assault class? I know its a rather early unlock but I've stuck with it and have now got my first star with it. I mainly use a HOLO w/suppressor and fore grip. On Tehran I use the INRV, works rather well. (I don't run n gun, I play medic-focused). Definitely has a lot of vertical movement so I fire in burst for sure.

Where does the M416 stand in the assault class? I know its a rather early unlock but I've stuck with it and have now got my first star with it. I mainly use a HOLO w/suppressor and fore grip. On Tehran I use the INRV, works rather well. (I don't run n gun, I play medic-focused). Definitely has a lot of vertical movement so I fire in burst for sure.

I like it its a good gun, I find it has better range than the F2000 or AEK but not as powerful close up, so I'd use it on the medium maps like Tehran and Davman peak, use the F2000 or AEK (and now FAMAS) on close quarters like OP metro and seine crossing.

But none are as good as the FAMAS now (though I'm sure DICE will nerf it in the next update).

I really wish my PC were powerful enough to handle Battlefield 3 on high levels, because then I would have got it for that. These 360 players are beyond control. Snipers all the time? Check. Team killing? Check. Constantly rushing for the helo and planes, even when you crash them right off the bat? Check. Spawning camping instead of playing the game? Check. Doing anything instead of playing the game mode? Check.

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had playing a team-based game. It's so good and addicting, but the player base really ruins it.

I really wish my PC were powerful enough to handle Battlefield 3 on high levels, because then I would have got it for that. These 360 players are beyond control. Snipers all the time? Check. Team killing? Check. Constantly rushing for the helo and planes, even when you crash them right off the bat? Check. Spawning camping instead of playing the game? Check. Doing anything instead of playing the game mode? Check.

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had playing a team-based game. It's so good and addicting, but the player base really ruins it.

Couldn't agree more. I have raged quite a few times because of all of the above.

PC version unfortunately has the same issues - albeit you can find properly administered servers where guys like that are banz0r3d pretty fast.

Negative side is the Aimbot-Multihack-Inserthere crowd. I ran into a warper on my ATF match just a moment ago, the guy went from 30-to-600-to-900 ping and did it whenever he was surrounded by a bunch of guys. Shot him several times in the back of the skull with DAO and he wouldn't die :/

Luckily he ran a bunch of times into M320 carpeting done by our team. At least some justice.

Sell your 360 and upgrade your PC.

Today's consoles have no chance on catching the current and future PC components. Might as well sell them now before MS announces the Xbox 3 at E3.

The 360 has had little going for it in a while anyways. I sold mine about a year ago and haven't missed it once. PC games are cheaper, more diverse, numerous, customizable, and enjoyable. Add the fact that very few immature teenage boys are going to own and operate a gaming rig, I don't think I would have turned my 360 on in 2011 even if I still had it... And my PS3 has basically become a full time Bluray/DVD player...

Today's consoles have no chance on catching the current and future PC components. Might as well sell them now before MS announces the Xbox 3 at E3.

The 360 has had little going for it in a while anyways. I sold mine about a year ago and haven't missed it once. PC games are cheaper, more diverse, numerous, customizable, and enjoyable. Add the fact that very few immature teenage boys are going to own and operate a gaming rig, I don't think I would have turned my 360 on in 2011 even if I still had it... And my PS3 has basically become a full time Bluray/DVD player...

$50-$100 would barely put you in the range of a proper PC upgrade when you can save it for the next Xbox console during the trade in deals and get up to $200 towards your next system.

But it'll be worth it

It would be worth it to do an $800 base upgrade and then spend $400 or so in the next year to complete the upgrade and keep it up to date. Ended up with being able to splurge on hardware due to not needing to purchase a new psu, hdd or case (although I ended up finding a case I wanted anyways and buying that).

Well, you would think, but no. Sadly, I think more than half of the PC players out there are tweens with low-mid range, off the shelf desktop systems, who really paid no attention to the system requirements of this game.

Since the holiday, BF3 has been nothing but:

Run and Gun.

Little to no gameplay. (It's not that hard to capture a damn flag)

An increase of wallhacks, and othe cheats.

Laggers.

Griefers.

I think it's time to put this game away for a while.

^Not sure which servers you play on but I have yet to encounter such cheaters, laggers and whatnot. Sure there's the occasional match where no one does a thing to help the team. I just leave such servers and look for a different one. From release day till now I've only seen 2 or 3 cheaters.

With the PC that stuff has always been present. it just comes down to which servers you join and honestly Battlelog helps you figure that out already with the ability to favorite servers.