It's a MAV and it's for the Recon class. Some people like to abuse it and frag people with it. It's proper annoying if you ask me.

What unlock is the stupid little drone? Almost threw my PS3 controller through the TV last week. Playing on Seine Crossing (love that map) and someone had the drone. Absolutely POS, kept following me over the map killing me. Was able to take it out once but its hard to hit. Never did find the player during the round.

Sounds like he took you out of the game. The MAV's are very useful, but I do think they should lower their overall HP. Hitting them is a lot easier on PC though, especially with a LMG.

What unlock is the stupid little drone? Almost threw my PS3 controller through the TV last week. Playing on Seine Crossing (love that map) and someone had the drone. Absolutely POS, kept following me over the map killing me. Was able to take it out once but its hard to hit. Never did find the player during the round.

You need to get the rocket launcher with the homing / targetting functionality - then you can lock onto that ****** drone and take it out :)

Sounds like he took you out of the game. The MAV's are very useful, but I do think they should lower their overall HP. Hitting them is a lot easier on PC though, especially with a LMG.

They're annoying as hell on consoles. It's incredibly hard to aim on them. They need to do something to tweak them on the consoles for sure.

They're annoying as hell on consoles. It's incredibly hard to aim on them. They need to do something to tweak them on the consoles for sure.

FIM-92 Stinger. ;)

I bought Back to Karkland... and it's on-disc DLC?

I'm really starting to get ****ed off by this trend.

Calm down... It wasn't on disc, it was included in one of the patches. They did the same thing with bad company 2 dlc; they put the dlc in a patch so everyone downloads it. Then if you buy it its just unlocked. Its easier for them to distribute it that way.

And back to karkand is a great map pack, well worth it. You probably should have just pre-ordered the game though :rofl:

• Like 1

I bet they just gave it on a disc to be able to properly give you the code as well. They could've opted for emailing you the key I guess. Though if it was me, I'd rather have it on a disc then as an email just like I have the game on a disc. I guess it makes it more fun for old times sake to get a game on something physical instead of through a service.

Also, the stuff I said about weather effects not being in the game because it would probably ask more of the system. I was wrong by saying that since Need For Speed: The Run uses the same engine and it runs as smooth on my PC with the game set to ultra and with weather effects. It would be awesome if DICE would add weather effects in a future update. And perhaps by doing that also adding snow maps. Really missing those snow maps from Bad Company 2 to be honest.

I bet they just gave it on a disc to be able to properly give you the code as well. They could've opted for emailing you the key I guess. Though if it was me, I'd rather have it on a disc then as an email just like I have the game on a disc. I guess it makes it more fun for old times sake to get a game on something physical instead of through a service.

Also, the stuff I said about weather effects not being in the game because it would probably ask more of the system. I was wrong by saying that since Need For Speed: The Run uses the same engine and it runs as smooth on my PC with the game set to ultra and with weather effects. It would be awesome if DICE would add weather effects in a future update. And perhaps by doing that also adding snow maps. Really missing those snow maps from Bad Company 2 to be honest.

Aren't the people that had to pay for B2K getting completely jipped though? I mean, if it comes on the disc, how come people have to pay ?12 for a key to unlock something that they got with the original purchase? That's completely unfair IMO. Fortunately for me, I got the LE which included the unlock key, but I'd be quite peeved too if I had to unlock something that came on the disc.

I bought Back to Karkland... and it's on-disc DLC?

I'm really starting to get ****ed off by this trend.

If you downloaded the patch then you already downloaded the DLC. Personally, I'd rather download the patch over the patch plus DLC that I may not buy. In the case of Battlefield 3 though, I'd probably buy every bit of DLC they release until the next Battlefield game is released.

Aren't the people that had to pay for B2K getting completely jipped though? I mean, if it comes on the disc, how come people have to pay ?12 for a key to unlock something that they got with the original purchase? That's completely unfair IMO. Fortunately for me, I got the LE which included the unlock key, but I'd be quite peeved too if I had to unlock something that came on the disc.

Because they still want you to pay for the extra content regardless of having it stored on your PC through an update.

It was limited edition - more of an incentive to pre-order. When I bought it for PC, I walked into a GameStop the week it came out and picked up the limited edition DVD. I bought the PS3 edition around Christmas and I couldn't find the PS3 limited edition.

I actually look at this as a positive. In comparison, Halo 3 came out with no "limited edition" where they offered free DLC. I remember spending $20 on 2 map packs that came out after. I actually don't know a lot of games where they did offer free DLC for early purchases.

B2K was not included in the game at release guys, it was included in a patch. DICE did the same thing they did with The Vietnam expansion to BC2. They released a patch for everyone that included the dlc content, but it only unlocks if you buy it.

Calm down... It wasn't on disc, it was included in one of the patches. They did the same thing with bad company 2 dlc; they put the dlc in a patch so everyone downloads it. Then if you buy it its just unlocked. Its easier for them to distribute it that way.

And back to karkand is a great map pack, well worth it. You probably should have just pre-ordered the game though :rofl:

That makes more sense, thanks for the clarification.

I got it for Christmas. I don't really pre-order games except for one or two on my birthday (and that went to Halo Anniversary and Gears of War 3).

I'm not 100% sure but I think the desert patrol vehicle can be found on Gulf of Oman and Wake Island.

Played the game for only a limited time on PC and have to say the game is brilliant looking however, i feel like i am playing a cut scene with quick time events sometimes. The game feels like it is on rails for most of what i played.

Well, seems like today is hackers/cheaters day. Each server I've joined there's a hacker or a hacker joins after having played at least one round.

Played the game for only a limited time on PC and have to say the game is brilliant looking however, i feel like i am playing a cut scene with quick time events sometimes. The game feels like it is on rails for most of what i played.

Play multiplayer.