Wow, just wow. Not really much else to say other than LAME.

BOOOOOO.

However, reading through the comments pages and seeing that the thread is now locked is pretty entertaining.

Yeah, it's especially amusing when they had to make an announcement just say they will have a big announcement... and it's for something no one had even the slightest interest in.

Glad to see they are spending their development time well, though. I'm guessing they had to use the same coders and art designers for BF3 to make this game that no one wanted or even knew existed. (N)

Would like to try that iOS game, but it's only available in the US app store right now.

Anyway, I really would like some news about the next patch as well. I have a feeling that BF3 will be much more enjoyable after the next patch.

Further digging and i'm pretty 100% sure that this is NOT the big announcement.

I don't disagree, because in their announcement of their big announcement they said we'd start hearing about dlc last week. But on the other hand there is always the chance they actually thought that game was something people would be interested in.

If anything, i feel this game was snuck out. Really only minor announcements have been made about it.

My hopes are still high for a decent announcement soon.

Have nothing against Battlefield on mobile, looks good actually. Hope WP would get it heh heh.

As for the drones, its a ridiculously lazy exploit and they make for a major annoyance. DICE need to change that pronto, surprised they put in to begin with.

So for someone that's completely new to the series and hasn't played a competitive FPS game in several years, where do you all recommend I start? Any recommended reading for not being a total scrub, etc?

So for someone that's completely new to the series and hasn't played a competitive FPS game in several years, where do you all recommend I start? Any recommended reading for not being a total scrub, etc?

If you've been out of FPS's for a while play the single player 1st (there's no back story so just jump in) to get used to controls and weapons. and use Battlelog http://battlelog.battlefield.com/ to keep track of your stats...

Once you get to multiplayer play Rush or Conquest...not Death Match (its not what BF is designed for). Make sure you drop health/ammo and revive/repair when you can...as it both gets you more points and helps your team, and join a squad and follow orders where you can.

Finally remember to always PTFO!

We are releasing a minor PC update that aims to improve general performance and stability and solve some reproducible crash issues. The update also includes support for the upcoming Intel ?Ivy Bridge? product line and performance improvements on AMD Radeon 7xxx series graphics cards .

List of issues fixed:

Support for Intel?s new Ivy Bridge product line (as yet unreleased)

Fixes for two reproducible client crashes:

Operation Firestorm- Conquest Large ? Fixed a client crash when users spawn in certain vehicles.

Canals - Rush ? Fixed a client crash at the 2nd set of mcoms if the player drives a vehicle into the vicinity of the exploding rocket battery.

AMD Radeon 7xxx series performance improvements

This minor fix is releasing on the 14th February, 8AM UT. This download will be via Origin.

We would also like to inform the community that we have several ongoing developments with regards to balance and gameplay, performance, stability and the overall feature set that will be announced in the coming weeks.

http://battlelog.bat...54778817797165/

A little bit disappointed in this upcoming patch, Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush is still broken. What's the point in playing that game mode when you don't automatically join in a squad, so you can't spawn on your squad mates. I know you can just change team until you're back in the squad, but that's not a solution..

A little bit disappointed in this upcoming patch, Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush is still broken. What's the point in playing that game mode when you don't automatically join in a squad, so you can't spawn on your squad mates. I know you can just change team until you're back in the squad, but that's not a solution..

Wouldn't worry too much yet, this isn't the main feb patch.

"We would also like to inform the community that we have several ongoing developments with regards to balance and gameplay, performance, stability and the overall feature set that will be announced in the coming weeks."

So the main patch will be out later this month for all platforms. hopefully fixing previously mentioned issues like MAV exploit, FRAG rounds and DM spawns.

Wouldn't worry too much yet, this isn't the main feb patch.

"We would also like to inform the community that we have several ongoing developments with regards to balance and gameplay, performance, stability and the overall feature set that will be announced in the coming weeks."

So the main patch will be out later this month for all platforms. hopefully fixing previously mentioned issues like MAV exploit, FRAG rounds and DM spawns.

Then I'm a okay with this minor one :)

Amarok, would specifically recommend team deathmatch after finishing the single player. Its the simplest of the modes, rush and conquest are much more complex and have more experienced players.

Amarok, would specifically recommend team deathmatch after finishing the single player. Its the simplest of the modes, rush and conquest are much more complex and have more experienced players.

Without knowing the maps, noobs get owned.

I suggest rush for the reason that it provides a clear goal and a sense of direction, all while learning the map, one section at a time.

I suggest rush for the reason that it provides a clear goal and a sense of direction, all while learning the map, one section at a time.

That and the rush maps have vehicles. I don't think the death match modes have any.

TDM maps are smaller and thus easier to learn. And I think the lack of vehicles makes it a lot more hospitable to newcomers. At least he won't get raped by a general 77 in a tank!

That's a really good point, Rush is far more structured than conquest...you could start in DM...but atm the spawns are messed up (hopefully getting fixed in the next patch) so you'll probably find yourself being shot in the back as you spawn more than once in DM....

As for vehicles, others have mentioned they may be a problem for a newcomer (so play DM), I'd say just put the infantry filter on in the server browser and play Rush...this way I think the most you get vehicle wise is a jeep.

Did the patch break the game for anyone else? Been reading about it on the Battlelog forums. Kinda worried about my install now, lol.