The fact that you can ram a MAV into an enemy and its a one hit kill....people are saying it should take a few hits...

The exploit is where you climb onto of your own or a teammates MAV and then get lifted up to places you shouldn't be able to get to...some of the cranes, the highway on tehran etc...

and the overpowered shotties...I presume that's just the Frag rounds people are talking about?...tho I think the USAS is just a bit overpowered on its own.

I've never ridden the MAV to any high spot on the maps. However, a nicely placed Radio beacon will do the same. ;)

I've never ridden the MAV to any high spot on the maps. However, a nicely placed Radio beacon will do the same. ;)

It will indeed, but it requires correct placement, and depending on what your trying to get onto sometime some skilful parachuting.

MAVing yourself will require parachuting, using a teammates MAV you can pretty much just jump to what you wanna get to providing your close enough.

Amarok, would specifically recommend team deathmatch after finishing the single player. Its the simplest of the modes, rush and conquest are much more complex and have more experienced players.

Not this.

Without knowing the maps, noobs get owned.

I suggest rush for the reason that it provides a clear goal and a sense of direction, all while learning the map, one section at a time.

This. Clearly this one is more logical.

Did the patch break the game for anyone else? Been reading about it on the Battlelog forums. Kinda worried about my install now, lol.

Working fine for me.

A lot of my friends had the issue. But it got fixed automatically. Some are still experiencing it

Best way to learn is to get stuck in. TDM is like learning to swim in a puddle :p

Agreed. I`am and was a total noob at this, but I still jumped into my fave mode "Conquest" and off i went. i can hold my own now and come out with decent score, but yeh its aall aabout learning the maps. Tho that said learning to pick your spots and find good cover also helps.

Working fine for me.

A lot of my friends had the issue. But it got fixed automatically. Some are still experiencing it

Works fine for me as well. Though my brother had some issues. Though most issues are server side thanks to the update.

Tried rush and conquest for the first couple of months as those are the native modes for BF,but got destroyed by the generals and ended up with a pathetic k/d. Moved to TDM and am hooked, and my ratio is closer to non-rape victim grade at like 0.93. So learning to swim in a puddle may not be a bad idea!

Tried rush and conquest for the first couple of months as those are the native modes for BF,but got destroyed by the generals and ended up with a pathetic k/d. Moved to TDM and am hooked, and my ratio is closer to non-rape victim grade at like 0.93. So learning to swim in a puddle may not be a bad idea!

There are some really great videos on YouTube that have rundowns on maps and of the guns as well. Been really helpful.

Opposite for me actually. I started with Rush and CQ and that's all I play! I play a few TDMs here and there but it's just boring! If you actually work on the objectives and support your team, it's quite easy to level up. My K/D was 0.5 when I started out and now it is at 0.88. It's gone down a little bit, due to me spending some time learning how to fly the jet a few days ago :p

Its a matter of taste, obviously. Have watched a lot of how to videos, but I'm a simple gamer looking for easy gratification, so TDM is always best for me. I do understand leaning towards the other modes, those are more proper BF for sure. I just wish they'd give us more maps, Sharqi and Noshahr are getting repetitive :rolleyes:

Kharg and Wake islands are both indeed excellent maps. B2K is always a treat, but I find quite challenging, lots of hiding places and short range surprises, less open vistas.

I appreciate TDM being there as occasionally it offers a nice respite from the other game modes but, in my opinion, CQ and RUSH are by far the best modes for actually playing the game the way it was intended. If you PTFO and use your kit to the best of your (and its) ability, those points will fly up. It's entirely possible to get MVP without even firing a shot!

Kharg and Wake islands are both indeed excellent maps. B2K is always a treat, but I find quite challenging, lots of hiding places and short range surprises, less open vistas.

I barely know the maps in the Back to Karkand DLC when playing Team Deathmatch. They all play in very similar ways, since height is dominant. If you're on a bigger building on those maps you have a better chance than the people on the ground. Shotguns are surprisingly effective for these maps, since most enemies will be looking out windows on second and third storeys of buildings. Claymores are a problem, though.

Wake Island offers the most TDM variety of the Karkand maps. One very helpful technique is to move through the foundations of the buildings and use those to your advantage. Most people rush in and don't check the darkest corners so you can often use those if a group of enemies are coming. You can just send a stream of bullets across them and it'll take a second or two for them to work out where they're being hit from, which is all you really need.

I've managed to slowly shuffle my most used weapons around, too. The AK-74M is now third, with just over 500 kills, and the PKP is fourth. Somehow I have two stars with the .44 Magnum, but I've also grown to love the 93R. I stole a Recon kit last night with it equipped and killed about three people who tried to come running into the building I was in (Caspian Border; TDM), as well as people coming to the building. I'm not such a fan of the G18, but the 93R is a lot of fun to use. I didn't like it in Bad Company 2 because it was basically useless but it seems a lot more effective in Battlefield 3. I still can't work out what possessed me to use the PKP either, since the recoil is still enough to take you right off target and the damage output doesn't seem to balance that. I'm finding a lot of success with the M240B and the M60E4, assuming you use it like a semi-automatic rifle.

Oh, and I finally got the L96. It's my go-to sniper rifle now, replacing the SV-98. I still like the SV-98 but the way you work the bolt on the L96 looks pretty cool. I'm pretty sure it's not really better than the SV-98 but for some reason I have difficulty with the M40A5, so they're my two main sniper rifles. I haven't posted in this thread in a long while so my post is a little drawn out. :p

I barely know the maps in the Back to Karkand DLC when playing Team Deathmatch. They all play in very similar ways, since height is dominant. If you're on a bigger building on those maps you have a better chance than the people on the ground. Shotguns are surprisingly effective for these maps, since most enemies will be looking out windows on second and third storeys of buildings. Claymores are a problem, though.

Wake Island offers the most TDM variety of the Karkand maps. One very helpful technique is to move through the foundations of the buildings and use those to your advantage. Most people rush in and don't check the darkest corners so you can often use those if a group of enemies are coming. You can just send a stream of bullets across them and it'll take a second or two for them to work out where they're being hit from, which is all you really need.

I've managed to slowly shuffle my most used weapons around, too. The AK-74M is now third, with just over 500 kills, and the PKP is fourth. Somehow I have two stars with the .44 Magnum, but I've also grown to love the 93R. I stole a Recon kit last night with it equipped and killed about three people who tried to come running into the building I was in (Caspian Border; TDM), as well as people coming to the building. I'm not such a fan of the G18, but the 93R is a lot of fun to use. I didn't like it in Bad Company 2 because it was basically useless but it seems a lot more effective in Battlefield 3. I still can't work out what possessed me to use the PKP either, since the recoil is still enough to take you right off target and the damage output doesn't seem to balance that. I'm finding a lot of success with the M240B and the M60E4, assuming you use it like a semi-automatic rifle.

Oh, and I finally got the L96. It's my go-to sniper rifle now, replacing the SV-98. I still like the SV-98 but the way you work the bolt on the L96 looks pretty cool. I'm pretty sure it's not really better than the SV-98 but for some reason I have difficulty with the M40A5, so they're my two main sniper rifles. I haven't posted in this thread in a long while so my post is a little drawn out. :p

Enjoyed the read :)

#6000 in this thread! hehe.

Anyways, I'm starting to get the hang of the jet.. but sometimes I notice that enemies lock on to me immediately after me deploying a flare (being locked on prior) and my flares don't reload in time. Any tips? Or am I just doomed lol

#6000 in this thread! hehe.

Anyways, I'm starting to get the hang of the jet.. but sometimes I notice that enemies lock on to me immediately after me deploying a flare (being locked on prior) and my flares don't reload in time. Any tips? Or am I just doomed lol

Wait as long as you can to use your flares, that's about all you can do. Also try flying low around mountains and such to break the lock.

Wake Island is complete and utter ######. Hate that map.