Wait till you get the canister shells. When they come low enuff they get totally peppered with shots. If your lucky it,ll kill the pilot, if not its still quite a nasty little bit of damage.

I have them, never really used it though, prefer guided missiles. Might give it a go tonight.

Ooohh. I need to get back into Battlefield, been playing SSX all day, should be doing homework.. approaching 10k kills on Xbox 360. A special feat for me personally, even though many people have broken that.

DICE has confirmed that Battlefield 3 DLC is in the internal testing phase at the developer's studios. The developer has not divulged any information about what to expect about the upcoming DLC, but with such a long wait for the content, it's sure to be an exciting expansion for the Battlefield community.

Source: Attack Of The Fanboy

This is some great news. Can't wait to see what to expect in this DLC! :D

Kudos to DICE if all those tweaks pan out. Glad the MAV is getting adjusted. If they do this I will continue supporting BF3 even after reaching level 45 :laugh:

What does everybody think of the changes to Jav's + soflam?

From what I've gathered soflam'd rockets can now be flared also.

Seems like a bad decision to me.

What does everybody think of the changes to Jav's + soflam?

From what I've gathered soflam'd rockets can now be flared also.

Seems like a bad decision to me.

What a load of bull****! The main reason me and my friend unlocked the SOFLAM + Javalin is to deal with the better pilots in the game as the SAM rockets get flared all the time. :angry:

What a load of bull****! The main reason me and my friend unlocked the SOFLAM + Javalin is to deal with the better pilots in the game as the SAM rockets get flared all the time. :angry:

Except they're increasing the IGLA and Stinger power/lock time to compensate.

Just got done playing on Wake Island. Was a horrible match for me, but I got my longest headshot yet with the SV98. I got all kinds of excited after that shot, so I had to add it to my sig!

I've given up on helicopters though, I just can't do jack with them besides fly.

Snip

I can't believe it has never occurred to me to do that. I've seen my medic team mates fall and wanted to revive them and never thought to retrieve their kit and revive them!

Dayem.

I can't believe it has never occurred to me to do that. I've seen my medic team mates fall and wanted to revive them and never thought to retrieve their kit and revive them!

Dayem.

+1 im ashamed to say

It's harder to do in Team Deathmatch since the revive window is much smaller, but it can be done with some success if you are fast. I normally play with another friend who understands the game, and since one of us is normally playing as an Assault we can still continue to cooperate if the other person is close by. If you switch kits to revive someone they get your kit though, so you might have to pass over a weapon you're a big fan of to help the team.

I finally finished the G53 assignment yesterday. I can't believe it took me so long! I finally decided to go for it and get a Repair Torch kill. By fluke it was a headshot too, and was the greatest thing ever to see scroll past on the Killfeed. It's a great little gun. Definitely becoming one of my favorite carbine rifles in the game now I have the Foregrip and Holographic Sight. It took me a few more kills, but I also have my ninth G3A3 Service Star. The G3 is actually fantastic when suppressed. Shame it took me almost 900 kills to realise that, eh? :p

Its not always a great idea to do it. As Paul stated:

1. You have to be quick
  2. You should be confident there aren't too many enemies around

I think it might be possible to pick up the kit while you are looking less downward, but I haven't really tried it. That clip was actually from a TDM game. Sometimes it is better just to stay alive to be a spawn becon, but in TDM position isn't as important as other modes.

hehe

Very nice.

Dayem.

+1 im ashamed to say

Now that you guys know about it, do your part ;) save a soldier haha

Hmm time for the shops to get provisions and then some marathon BF3 sessioning me thinks. Tis the only way to spend a 5 day holiday from work I feel.

Certainly beats this time last year when I was sat farming in Wow for a week trying to dig up epics, (never ever ever ever ever ever again!).

Players running around with shotguns on the game's biggest maps?

No. My tank was flying. It lifted off the ground and did a complete 360 before self destructing. Oddest thing I've ever seen.

So the tweaks have been made? Or is This for PC only? There was no update on the 360.

Tweaks? You mean the big patch? No it hasn't been released yet. DICE usually patches Tuesday nights or early Wednesday. I doubt we'll see it this week, though.