Hmm time for the shops to get provisions and then some marathon BF3 sessioning me thinks. Tis the only way to spend a 5 day holiday from work I feel.

Certainly beats this time last year when I was sat farming in Wow for a week trying to dig up epics, (never ever ever ever ever ever again!).

How can you sit at a game for that long? I felt terrible one Saturday when I spent 5 hours playing. I only get 4 weeks off a year and that seems like such a waste!!

How can you sit at a game for that long? I felt terrible one Saturday when I spent 5 hours playing. I only get 4 weeks off a year and that seems like such a waste!!

I take breaks, to walk the dog, watch tv etc. Lol I only get 4 weeks aswell, but its soaking wet and or cold outside at the moment, plus most folks I know are also working. So bit of a house holiday for me.

but its soaking wet and or cold outside at the moment

Haha, we get days like that once or twice a year!

Oh and that tank video was insane!! I can only hit choppers at close rang, even then its hit and miss.

I take breaks, to walk the dog, watch tv etc. Lol I only get 4 weeks aswell, but its soaking wet and or cold outside at the moment, plus most folks I know are also working. So bit of a house holiday for me.

Haha looks like your Battlefield holiday is ruined then. I'm based just beside Loch Lomond and it's beautiful out there today!

(i'll still be firing up some BF3 later though ;) )

Haha looks like your Battlefield holiday is ruined then. I'm based just beside Loch Lomond and it's beautiful out there today!

(i'll still be firing up some BF3 later though ;) )

Yeh it looks sunny but its all wind and coldness, get your fake summer to heck. BATTLEFIELD TIME!!

Tank video is serious skill tho. Wish I could judge it that well. Must try harder. Tho not too bad at long range shots with tanks shells now tho, managed to curve a few over a hill/dune/scenery and hit what was standing behind it.

Tho nothing takes away the gutted feeling when your flying about and boomf! Your taken out by a shell via the cockpit.

Just got done playing on Wake Island. Was a horrible match for me, but I got my longest headshot yet with the SV98. I got all kinds of excited after that shot, so I had to add it to my sig!

I've given up on helicopters though, I just can't do jack with them besides fly.

Agreed... I've gotten pretty good with the jet, but when I'm in a heli I feel like I'm a sitting duck

Completely clueless now, the graphics errors on large maps have stopped so Ive taken to playing them more. Finding it hard to get any points. Try to be a sniper with SOFLAM and no one uses locked on targets, use stinger and out of 20 shots 1 might hit. Seems a pointless weapon. Cant fly to safe my life. More practice needed.

This dude has some major tank skills.

40599 MBT kills. Okay.

Edit. Why does Neowin insist on embedding YT videos automatically. Grrrr, I just want to have a link in the quote.

40599 MBT kills. Okay.

Edit. Why does Neowin insist on embedding YT videos automatically. Grrrr, I just want to have a link in the quote.

Looks fishy to me....

So the tweaks have been made? Or is This for PC only? There was no update on the 360.

For all platforms, but not out yet.

Agreed... I've gotten pretty good with the jet, but when I'm in a heli I feel like I'm a sitting duck

try changing your heli sticks to Legacy....all of my BF mates have done it and they all agree its easier with the sticks in that config.

Looks fishy to me....

#1 vehicle player in the world...I'd like to think it's just immense skill rather than cheating...but it could be.

#1 vehicle player in the world...I'd like to think it's just immense skill rather than cheating...but it could be.

I could see if he fired shot after shot and was hitting them by adjusting his aim vs their path of movement. But he places 1 shot, fires, hits... what appears to be almost every time. That's fishy in my book is all I am saying.

I could see if he fired shot after shot and was hitting them by adjusting his aim vs their path of movement. But he places 1 shot, fires, hits... what appears to be almost every time. That's fishy in my book is all I am saying.

One word - montage. A montage with mostly single shots edited together. He is good, sure, but you do NOT determine whether someone is legit or not going by a montage.

Also, over 670h of playtime. When you play the game that much and focus on one aspect of it that much, you are bound to get good at it (predicting movement of aircraft, developing feel for distance and drop etc).

• Like 1

I think he's edited the video, with shots only hitting the target.

He is no. 1 ranked player, globally, for Vehicles, so there will be some skill involved for sure.

And don't know about you, but his aiming and projectile measurements are just about perfect. I play the game on daily basis and I can confirm that this is skill

I think he's edited the video, with shots only hitting the target.

He is no. 1 ranked player, globally, for Vehicles, so there will be some skill involved for sure.

And don't know about you, but his aiming and projectile measurements are just about perfect. I play the game on daily basis and I can confirm that this is skill

How do you go about finding someone with a Javelin when you are in a tank, I just cant spot them.

How do you go about finding someone with a Javelin when you are in a tank, I just cant spot them.

My solutions is as your getting locked/as your hit, switch to external view, on the 360 at least the Javelins have smoke trails you can follow...secondly have a good gunner (I know you can't control this) but if they're good they'll be watching your back and should take out and Javelins behind you.

Also always take out SOFLAMs if you see them...and they are obvious. Should save you from any vertical hits.

I use thrmal optics, and more often than not it helps.

As soon as this locking sound kicks in, I will switch to third person cam. First, I'll look at higher altitudes for Soflams and/or aerial vehicles.

If those things are not the case, then it depends on the map.

e.g. on Kharg Island, near the point A, Gas Station, there will always be bunch of people on the rocks, those that are in the way when you move from A to C.

First I'll look for cover immediately. This helps a lot, as in some cases, the locking stops and you can get the idea of the location of Javelin.

If its still locking in, I'll take a 180 look around, switched to thermal optics or with third-person cam.

I use thrmal optics, and more often than not it helps.

As soon as this locking sound kicks in, I will switch to third person cam. First, I'll look at higher altitudes for Soflams and/or aerial vehicles.

If those things are not the case, then it depends on the map.

e.g. on Kharg Island, near the point A, Gas Station, there will always be bunch of people on the rocks, those that are in the way when you move from A to C.

First I'll look for cover immediately. This helps a lot, as in some cases, the locking stops and you can get the idea of the location of Javelin.

If its still locking in, I'll take a 180 look around, switched to thermal optics or with third-person cam.

Thanks, I use IR smoke, guided missiles and reactive armour. I will give the thermal optics a go but would feel very vulnerable without the smoke, especially with the good chopper pilots. Do you use the guided missiles? Although when I am in the AA, I use proximity scan, so many times someone has planted C4 without me knowing.

I mainly get hit with javelin on Caspian at E (gas station) or B (checkpoint). So many good hiding spots!

Anyone else notice lots of jihad Jeeps lately? (C4 on Jeep, drive at tank, jump out, boom.)

Anyone else notice lots of jihad Jeeps lately? (C4 on Jeep, drive at tank, jump out, boom.)

Nope but some idiot kept running team mates down with it the other day.