According to the game, I had not played it in over a month.

I went to go check out the Tactical Intervention Closed Beta actually (anyone who listened to our podcast this past week could have gotten an invite, just had to send an email with your email address) and the game would not even launch for me. Spent about 20 minutes troubleshooting and looking on their forums for a resolution, nothing to be found, so I decided since I had some time set aside with my wife, why not visit my old friend BF3.

I set the server browser to my preferences (PB enabled, ranked, Conquest, 1-5, 6-10 slots open), did a search, and the first server that popped up had 4 slots open and my ping was 7. Decided to join it.

I then did this...

BF3_March18th_2012.png

I thought to myself "damn, not bad for someone who barely plays the game anymore," and then I saw the name of the server. :blush: :laugh:

PC gamers shouldn't have to wait. I'm a PS3 player and I certainly don't mind. If anything it should be released just to show how shoddy the certification process seems to be on consoles - Takes far too long on universal hardware. Not like every PS3/360 is different, I simply can't understand why they take the length of time they do 'testing'.

Once this patch drops I think I'll finally give BF3 a proper go - I hope the PS3 dead zone is tweaked, aiming was quite bad on launch.

Thanks for the advice Ferson, will try. At level 42 now and will stop at 45. Should be around 80+ hours of MP by then, that's sufficient.

Now that's really impressive.
Not really. Just shows how incompetent the enemy team were.

• Two javelins would have taken him out or one javelin with a follow up shot
  • One RPG in the tunnel, and he would have crashed
  • Canister Shell in the tunnel
  • Tank gun in the tunnel
  • Canister Shell outside (constantly flying at low altitudes)
  • Anyone with decent aim could have shot him out of the Little Bird. I love cocky love flying pilots like that

Guaranteed he couldn't do that against an enemy team that had half a clue.

• Tank gun in the tunnel
  • Anyone with decent aim could have shot him out of the Little Bird. I love cocky love flying pilots like that

While all true, it's still impressive flying.

That is just ****ing stupid. Why should PC users be punished for not having a certification process? What good will this give to DICE/EA? They could just release the PC patch and if something goes wrong, fix that. After certification, they release console patches and focus on their day one issues. Now they'll have to work with all 3 platforms and their day one issues (and there will be issues) at the same time.

I think they're doing it to keep console players happy. Just imagine how angry they'd be when they learn that PC players are getting something earlier than them. I also think it's totally unfair to PC gamers.

just another case of EA/DICE pandering to the biggest market, nothing new.

In all honesty after playing it on all 3 platforms, the ps3 is the weakest and buggiest, so hurrah for DICE for finally fixing their platform. I can wait for PC patch by 3 days.

• Tank gun in the tunnel

He gets RPG'd in the tunnel....2:43

Just uses extenguisher and flies away, hides in the building till he's fixed..

and it would only take 1 Javelin, you have to Soflam to hit a heli, and then its a one hit kill....and staying in the tunnel prevents that cause the jav will hit the roof before him, so that would only work in the small amount of time he's outside...

He's got skill...yeah he gets a little lucky that the tank didn't kill him towards the end...but none the less I doubt most of us could do what he did even against that team.

While all true, it's still impressive flying.
Agreed, impressive flying nonetheless.

He gets RPG'd in the tunnel....2:43

Just uses extenguisher and flies away, hides in the building till he's fixed..

Again, proves how incomptent the enemy team were. They couldn't follow up with a second shot?
He's got skill...yeah he gets a little lucky that the tank didn't kill him towards the end...
Lucky? He flew over an enemy tank. If that doesn't prove what a noob team he was flying against, I don't know what else will.
but none the less I doubt most of us could do what he did even against that team.
Speak for yourself mate, I've flew the tunnel plenty of times on that map. It's not as hard as it looks :p

Speak for yourself mate, I've flew the tunnel plenty of times on that map. It's not as hard as it looks :p

So do I, the flying is still good.

I think they're doing it to keep console players happy. Just imagine how angry they'd be when they learn that PC players are getting something earlier than them. I also think it's totally unfair to PC gamers.

Where did you see the patch was waiting on certification anyways?

This was just posted on twitter

Online for PC, Xbox 360, & PlayStation 3 will be going offline March 9 AM UTC / 1 AM PST until 10 AM UTC / 2 AM PST.

So patch tonight maybe?

Edit - also this:

March 20th at 9 AM UTC / 1 AM PST until 10 AM UTC / 2 AM PST ^ES

So it does look like we'll be seeing the patch tonight/tomorrow. The first date was just a typo.

Well now I'm not sure if the downtime will be for the patch tonight or not. In battlelog it says this:

We are rolling out several backend updates as we lay the groundwork for the upcoming patch. We will keep you advised and provide dates ASAP. Online services for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 will be going offline March 20th at 9 AM UTC / 1 AM PST until 10 AM UTC / 2 AM PST. Battlefield 3 online multiplayer and the Battlelog services will be unavailable during this time.

Gotta love twitters limitations, or maybe it's just the people who use the battlefield twitter inability to form a comprehensible post?

I'm looking forward to the new patch just as much as most but it seems like they would have released this info on battlelog's news feed... But it's not there... So I'm skeptical.

http://battlelog.bat...54/1/370630515/

Big comeback from being 300 tickets down!!! I tried to make everyone work together on chat, splitting up to get flags, saying where the enemy is and not going 1v1 against another tank, worked brilliantly, love it when people play as a team it makes such a difference. Even just someone saying they are going to get a flag and don't need backup, that means the other player can focus on getting another flag.

I went 37-4!!!! I now have a best killstreak of 29!!!