I have a question about the bf3 SPECACT Kit. I guess its only $2.99 for it and the extra dog tags, but im wondering can normal players that haven't bought the kit still see the extra skins?

i've been playing since day one and havent seen none of these kits/skins in the game. Only just today found out about the kit.

not too sure if its worth the money if only the people who bought the kit can see them. Also its a big annoying how we still have to select the camo before each game.

No idea. I didn't know it can be bought, I thought it was for people who only pre ordered from I think it was best buy?

Link?

Awesome, going to update and finally play BF3. It's only been played for a few hours since release.

Wont let me edit my post, that's not the new mini-map, just me being an idiot it's air radar in jets lol.

You can add custom server messages aswell, like the PC version...

photo-5.jpg

photo1-1-1.jpg

Welcome to ps3 neowin server... :p

ATI users out there, i installed the latest beta drivers (released march 15th) and the performance increase was pretty big for me, 5-10fps on each map. I have this game pretty much maxed out and I never hit below 45. I'm going to drop down the AA and AF (pretty sure those are set to max values right now) so I am never (or very rarely) under 60 but the drivers are pretty good.

Here is the link to the win 7 32/64bit drivers

http://developer.amd.com/Downloads/OpenCL1.2betadriversWindows.exe

also i still feel the same way about this game as past previous games. go in matches with 24 match and no tanks and jets and this game is flippin awesome (sorry,. i'm a call of duty kiddie, i hate when you get a bunch of losers just vehicle whoring, bunch of nubs). best sound (by a country mile) and graphics out there, just gotta fix some annoying bugs.

its on origin for $2.99

http://store.origin....uctID=245102600

71243_400x230_2.jpg

71243_400x230_3.jpg

Maybe it's just camo packs and not actual player skins? i dunno. confusing.

Yeah, it's a camo pack much like how it was in BC2. Though in BC2 you also got the last unlockable weapon for each class with camo. This isn't the case in BF3

@trag3dy: You haven't heard anything about it? It's been in the patch notes since they posted the patch notes :p

ATI users out there, i installed the latest beta drivers (released march 15th) and the performance increase was pretty big for me, 5-10fps on each map. I have this game pretty much maxed out and I never hit below 45. I'm going to drop down the AA and AF (pretty sure those are set to max values right now) so I am never (or very rarely) under 60 but the drivers are pretty good.

Here is the link to the win 7 32/64bit drivers

http://developer.amd...versWindows.exe

also i still feel the same way about this game as past previous games. go in matches with 24 match and no tanks and jets and this game is flippin awesome (sorry,. i'm a call of duty kiddie, i hate when you get a bunch of losers just vehicle whoring, bunch of nubs). best sound (by a country mile) and graphics out there, just gotta fix some annoying bugs.

Any crashes of some kind?

Any crashes of some kind?

with these drivers, no. the drivers i was using before were like 6-7 months old and the performance wasn't the greatest. I usually just go on guru3d forums and read what people are saying about the drivers and it was nothing but positive for these guys. (i have rule with ATI drivers, if they work stick with'em until you absolutely have to upgrade cause ATI makes the biggest POS drivers ever)

with these drivers, no. the drivers i was using before were like 6-7 months old and the performance wasn't the greatest. I usually just go on guru3d forums and read what people are saying about the drivers and it was nothing but positive for these guys. (i have rule with ATI drivers, if they work stick with'em until you absolutely have to upgrade cause ATI makes the biggest POS drivers ever)

Well then I guess you can call me lucky but so far I haven't had any problems with their drivers on any of our household PCs (other than some beta ones). :p They are lacking in features compared to nvidia though. Will check this set out and see whether it's as good as you're saying. Sadly my HD6950 is struggling a bit and I'm not getting the frames I'd like to (even though I'm playing at medium...) so any improvement is good.

Lots of nice changes in the patch it seems; I hope they'll release the PC one soon (my bet - next week). And thankfully there aren't many "Thanks DICE you are the best" messages in the community, because, well, many of the issues shouldn't have been there in the first place...

Yeah, it's a camo pack much like how it was in BC2. Though in BC2 you also got the last unlockable weapon for each class with camo. This isn't the case in BF3

@trag3dy: You haven't heard anything about it? It's been in the patch notes since they posted the patch notes :p

Well apparently you can now buy every unlock in the game. I don't know if that's true or not because I don't see it on the origin store. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: The "shortcut" items are in the ps3 store, apparently. When the pc and xbox 360 versions are released I assume we'll get them as well. They are great if you play on multiple platforms and don't want to unlock everything 2 or 3 times I guess?

Anyone else notice you automatically join a squad when joining a game? (pc)

That's always happened on the 360...I Like it, promotes squad play...

If you join with fiends it should still put you all in a squad together, if if your on your lonesome or maybe just 2 of you you'll get teamed up.

BF3 1.04 update crashing PS3?s, DICE?s broken promises

After so much anticipation on DICE?s new Battlefield 3 update for the PS3, we have to say that our early impressions of the state of the game post-update are not good. We?re running into numerous problems with the game, including multiple system crashes which require a hard reset of the PS3.

While obviously there are some great new features to the game after installing the update ? being able to quit a game now is one, we have been left very frustrated by some of the tactics employed by DICE after putting the update live in the game.

We have spoke about system crashes before after Back to Karkand released, but since this new patch we have found that our PS3 unit is crashing over and over again. The most iritating aspect of the crashes that we?ve seen is that they occur when re-downloading Back to Karkand for the second time, on DICE?s request. We already downloaded B2K last week when DICE said that they had fixed up the QBU-88 and MG36 weapon glitches.

Now though, we find some strange things going on in the server filter with only Gulf of Oman visible, with no other Back to Karkand maps available ? where has Strike at Karkand, Wake Island and Sharqi gone? After attempting to re-download Back to Karkand yet again to see if this sorts out the problem, our system crashed.

Speaking of the server filter, it appears that DICE has lied about making the patch available in all regions on March 27. For some reason, the update still isn?t available in Asia, meaning that users have to play on other region servers while DICE get their act together. It appears that even Daniel Matros the Community Manager doesn?t have a clue what?s going on either ? we saw a Tweet from him confirming that the update should be going out ?globally?, but a post on the official BF blog, reveals that everyone has the update except Japan and that this won?t be happening until April 4th ? bizarre.

daniel-matros-bf3.jpg

Our attempts to contact EA via the Battlefield Twitter page were met with the common ? ?Have you contacted a game advisor? reply, while Daniel Matros chose to ignore our Tweets regardless. We were really pumped up about trying out some of the changes, but the frequent crashes and lack of clarity regarding the Asia update has left us with a bitter taste in our mouths ? it reminds us about the stunt EA tried to pull with Battlefield 1943.

Source

Guys, if you're looking for a proper Conquest server please come and join me and my clan (NiF) for some proper matches on this IP: 173.199.75.139:25200. There's a decent rotation of maps though Operation Metro is included. Besides that there is protection against cheaters/hackers. We're looking for to fill the server so the way it used to be a few weeks ago.

DICE Is soo good at ****ing up their own game. it's like them and EA are meant to be together forever.

Yeah, it's not all that surprising that they've managed to screw things up with a patch that is supposed to fix things.

Yeah, it's not all that surprising that they've managed to screw things up with a patch that is supposed to fix things.

it's can't be as bad as BC2... i can't comment, i just got the game for PC. but BC2 was a joke for a good year or so after the first round of patches.

it's can't be as bad as BC2... i can't comment, i just got the game for PC. but BC2 was a joke for a good year or so after the first round of patches.

We'll see tomorrow. After reading the post up there I would be surprised if they even release the pc patch tomorrow though.