Finally hoped in the multiplayer and it's still the same ol' Battlefield experience -- which is to say, really fun, but slightly annoying when certain players decide to tank ###### and what have you. Still, I'm eager to rank up so I can get above my crappy loadout and 1:1 K/D ratio (I know K/D isn't everything in BF3).

My advice is change you Heli sticks to Legacy...the defaults I hate.

Yeah, really. Playing on the PS3 and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't pilot the helicopters. Then I changed to Legacy Southpaw (I think) and I do so much better now.

Do all the PC servers have spawn points set to vehicles when they are available to spawn into or only some?

And if it is only some, what is the exact setting called, as I really like having that feature!

Do all the PC servers have spawn points set to vehicles when they are available to spawn into or only some?

And if it is only some, what is the exact setting called, as I really like having that feature!

As long as you don't have the "infantry only" checked you should always get spawn points in vehicles.

Should be available for everything as long as there's vehicles. I don't think there is a specific setting, or at least none that I've encountered :)

Dono about PC but on some 360 maps only some vehicles can be spawned into...on the large maps with jets and heli's only jets can be spawned into.

I have a question that I hope I can find the right answer.. I'm upgrading my pc very soon .. and getting to PC version of BF;3 .. soo I'm looking to sell my xbox360 version of BF;3 Limited Edition. I have inputted the code for the DLC back during launch, My question is, will this code affect me selling the game... will the potential buyer of the game run into conflict if they input the same code used for the DLC .. I have not downloaded the dlc because I am going to sell it???

yeah I sorta figured that would be the case... what about the main game though single/multiplayer will work??? tecnically I'd be selling the normal version then?

Now that I've ranked up a little ways (at 5 now) I'm starting to do way better. My K/D ratio in the last 3-4 games has been 2:1, and I've gotten MVP and second place multiple times.

My overall stats still suck because apparently the 360 trolls (who TK you whenever you enter a vehicle) play Conquest, which I kept trying to play, so now I think I'll just stick to Rush.

Any 360 owners, feel free to add me (link in sig).

I love that this game does not always care about your K:D ratio.

With my **** ratio 2:5 I still manage to be among top players.

Thats one of the reasons this game is great

As long as you don't have the "infantry only" checked you should always get spawn points in vehicles.

Should be available for everything as long as there's vehicles. I don't think there is a specific setting, or at least none that I've encountered :)

I thought this was only possible with some of the choppers and all of the jets? At least it's been like that on all the servers I've played on so far.

Thats one of the reasons this game is great

I love that this game does not always care about your K:D ratio.

With my **** ratio 2:5 I still manage to be among top players.

Uhm. The game does care about KDR. If you have a lot of deaths that means you're taking a lot of tickets from your team. Fewer deaths = fewer lost tickets = better chances of winning.

Uhm. The game does care about KDR. If you have a lot of deaths that means you're taking a lot of tickets from your team. Fewer deaths = fewer lost tickets = better chances of winning.

I agree, but it isn't always about this.

In other games, for example, Call of Duty, a player' skill can only be determined by its K/D, but in this game, it is different, at least a bit

Unless you play a medic in which case your KD ratio is meaningless.

I agree, but it isn't always about this.

In other games, for example, Call of Duty, a player' skill can only be determined by its K/D, but in this game, it is different, at least a bit

Yes, but to say the game doesn't care about kdr is short sighted at best.

Unless you play a medic in which case your KD ratio is meaningless.

What do you mean? Anyone can die a lot, and all deaths take tickets (unless you are revived, yes, I know). So if you have a higher kdr then that means you're being less of a drain on your team.. it's pretty simple math really.

What do you mean?

As a medic you can prevent your team from losing those tickets but you might not get any kills yourself. Get 1 kill, revive 10-15 times, die 3-4 times yourself.

That's what I'm after with my comment, you might not necessarily get as many kills as a medic but you can prevent your team from losing by "sacrificing your own ratio". And if you're hard staring at someones KD ratio, it might not really tell the whole story.

tickets are both time*flags and deaths right?

I mostly play as scout/flag capper/medic/decoy for my friends. But I might have to re-evalaute that strategy :D

For me the the biggest impact on K:D is the amount of vehicles in the map. More there are, less my ratio is. :(

Now that I've ranked up a little ways (at 5 now) I'm starting to do way better. My K/D ratio in the last 3-4 games has been 2:1, and I've gotten MVP and second place multiple times.

My overall stats still suck because apparently the 360 trolls (who TK you whenever you enter a vehicle) play Conquest, which I kept trying to play, so now I think I'll just stick to Rush.

Any 360 owners, feel free to add me (link in sig).

If you wanna avoid getting TKed don't play hardcore, there's far less of it on the normal servers. Rush you may fine hard without a good squad at your side, conquest can be played and won without the best of squads.