My ethernet icon is greyed out

Does anyboby know what it means when your Windows 7 ethernet icon in your system trey is grey and not black like it usually is?

My internet works, but I dont know why it's not black like it usually is. What does this mean?

It says it's still connected to my home network.

post-130783-0-16115100-1299009857.png

Where did you ever see it black? From what I recall it is always that color - just looked at mine and it is gray just like that.. I even looked at a just clean installed, no update, service pack - nothing and its gray just like that.

post-14624-0-45567600-1299012679.jpg

Maybe theme color/background colors might change it.

When on a white background it looks more gray then when in the tray, etc.

post-14624-0-15393800-1299012799.jpg

It gets black if you use black theme like this. ;) .. As BudMan already said, it never was black.

post-255889-0-39992500-1299013344.png

It all depends on your theme, as shown above. Even if you're not using a custom theme, if you've changed the color of your windows, becaue the network icon is transparent, it will show you whatever color the background is behind it, and in your case, you've hidden the icon inside the extended ntoifcation area, so since that is white-grey, your icon shows the same.

It all depends on your theme, as shown above. Even if you're not using a custom theme, if you've changed the color of your windows, becaue the network icon is transparent, it will show you whatever color the background is behind it, and in your case, you've hidden the icon inside the extended ntoifcation area, so since that is white-grey, your icon shows the same.

Ohhhhhh, okay. I was concerned because I've been troubleshooting network issues, but now I understand. Thanks for the help everybody, it is appreciated.