Can't Find right Nvidia FX 5500 Driver for windows 7 :(

Ok so last night I was looking for several hours trying to find the right driver for my video card. I found several that ether BSODed me didn't boot or they didn't allow aero also I can't do video calls on windows live messenger or open windows live movie maker! I beta test Windows 7 and use to have a driver that let me have my Aero and all my other features can some one please help me!??

32bit or 64bit? But either way your prob going to have to use the Vista drivers...just extract them and do the old way of installing them vs using the installer.

32bit or 64bit? But either way your prob going to have to use the Vista drivers...just extract them and do the old way of installing them vs using the installer.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

try drivermax, maybe it works

not really recommended, better to search on the offical site of nvidia

I've tried looking on nvidia I can get drivers that work but none of them let me use aero or do other things like I did before. I need someone that has the same card with working aero to give me thier drivers.

The FX (aka 5x series Geforce drivers) doesn't appear to be updated anymore.

The fact windows 7 isn't listed for Geforce 5 series on Nvidia website implies it suppose to be built in to windows.

I would try the Vista 32/64 drivers for the 5x series card if win 7 is not picking it up.

Believe it or not, if you doing Win 7 started edition, try the XP drive, (aka no Aero version of Windows).

Is there any specific way I'm suppose to install Windows XP or Windows Vista Drivers? Does anyone here have a nvidia 5500 with working aero in this forum?

I've tried to do similar and failed. Older graphic chipset drivers are no longer supported. The basic drivers included in 7 are enough to create a display of high enough resolution, but aero effects won't work. This, we are to believe, is adequate.

In fact, I had such a difficult time trying to get decent performance out the the hardware that I went back to XP. In my case at least, XP plus "proper" drivers gave me better performance than 7 and the default drivers I was being forced to use. In a nutshell, upgrade your hardware or downgrade your OS :(

idk when I was beta testing windows 7 it worked with what ever driver I had I went on a 2 year mission and my brother broke my computer while i was gone so I lost the file.

I've tried to do similar and failed. Older graphic chipset drivers are no longer supported. The basic drivers included in 7 are enough to create a display of high enough resolution, but aero effects won't work. This, we are to believe, is adequate.

In fact, I had such a difficult time trying to get decent performance out the the hardware that I went back to XP. In my case at least, XP plus "proper" drivers gave me better performance than 7 and the default drivers I was being forced to use. In a nutshell, upgrade your hardware or downgrade your OS :(

Really, Vista drivers should technically work..

why not just buy a cheap new graphics card because that FX is not supported anymore and it is over 5 years old

That's what I was thinking... a Radeon 4550 is like ?30 now.

Like others have said, use WU or buy a new card. You can get a decent entry-level GeForce for next to nothing. Hell, maybe even a nice mid-range card.

Like others have said, use WU or buy a new card. You can get a decent entry-level GeForce for next to nothing. Hell, maybe even a nice mid-range card.

My biggest problem is I have no agp only regular pci :( but yeah I was thinking that I might try and get a cheap one that had window 7 drivers anyone know of a good pci card that works fully on windows 7?