Redesigned PSX Ports!

I don't remember how many of yall remember my old post about my first PSX Ports cuz they disappeared after the neowin site went down :( . While the site was down I got bored again so I decided to make the psx ports look more professional. I found my art teachers non working cd drive that she gave me last year under my bed and it gave me some new ideas. The case was that normal white beige color so I painted over it with black spray paint(actually black OEM car spray paint, only stuff I could find in my garage). Then I also had some metalcast spray paint so I painted the cd tray door silver and since I have a real metal box I was able to make the psx ports a lot more secure. Here is what it looks like (sorry it is an early 1megapixel camera)

post-49-1062800248.jpg

yep :D . All I gotta do is plug a psx/2 controller in and I am ready to use it with any game or any emulation that supports joypads. Unfortunetly I had to sacrafice my 2 front usb ports at the bottom of my case and attach the usb ports inside the case, but I will be buying some small compact usb adapters to put back in the bottom so I will then have 4 front usb ports and it will only cost me $14 to do that but it will take up one of the 2 usb ports and the psx/2 adapters take up both so I will have to buy 2 external usb 4 ports, so it will end up being $28 instead -.- .

Wow bro, that's sweet. You should consider commerically selling that! A lot of people use PSX emulators (bleem, etc) or simulations (Stepmania, DWI) and they'd be interested in this kind of thing.

PSX to USB converters cost about $15, you should sell yours for around there too, and advertise that you're givin em 2 ports for the price of 1..

lol and lets see that would give me the profit of $0 and I would be going into the negatives cuz of tax but $15 is the retail price I paid for both ports but that is becuase one of the ports don't have rumble support and costed me $5. oh yea i probably should have mention I did not create the psx ports themselves just the case they are in which is just a cd rom drive and unless it is open no one would know any different.

lol for the second time I did not create the actual psx port that converts it to usb. Radioshack gots the ports and so does www.lik-sang.com . But there are some wiring diagrams that I have seen somewhere on the net that explains in detail how to convert psx/2 controllers to usb.

what driver do you use?

The driver is the one included with the radioshack adapter but the driver is only for vibrations and I cannot get the floppy to read so I am gonna have to get it exchanged......... :( unless someone here goes by radioshack and buys the adapter and posts the small vibration driver.

• 3 weeks later...

whoa thanks a lot and it only took me 2 weeks before realizing you posted the driver thanks a lot zombie =).....and after not doin nothin but work for past 2 weeks and no modding to my computer I'm really wantin to do somethin new any ideas?

Edited by Deciever

nice.

anyone know any places that sell those (with vibration support) in the UK?

i saw some on ebay.co.uk, but i dont think they have vibro support.

and radioshack.co.uk doesnt have them either :/