MLB Allstar Game

...One more thing. I am so dissapointed about last year game that If they start with loving, kissing, happy, crappy events I will turn it off and never to watch or vote again.

Sentimentality and emotional stuff ARE a part of baseball, but the networks go WAY overboard on it. The networks should stick to broadcasting and let the fans make their own feelings and memories about baseball and its history.

I think all baseball fans should go to Cooperstown at least once in their lives...it's an incredible place.

Loaiza is clearly the front runner. I'd bring Prior along for the ride. I know he's young, but the dude can pitch. Either Gagne or Isringhausen should close. Since being back from the DL in 7.1 innings he has yet to give up a run, much less an earned run.

No doubt we will see a pitcher every inning.

...No doubt we will see a pitcher every inning.

Well that's just SWELL. The game will end in a tie in the 8th inning instead. :angry:

ok here is a good one. I hate that We (the fans) can't pick the pictcher anymore.

yes it is a travesty. I understand that some teams dont want their pitchers pitching too much because they may have just pitched 2 or 3 days before, but if elected, they would pitch no more than 2 or 3 innings. if we can select a designated hitter in the AL, theres no reason we shouldnt be able to select a pitcher to start the game.

I think all baseball fans should go to Cooperstown at least once in their lives...it's an incredible place.

Indeed. Cooperstown is amazing. I spent an whole day there, in the museum and in the town. i hated that i had to leave. If you are a baseball fan, you must go. You dont know what you are missing if you havent.

sorry I'm with

Thome, Rollins, Lieberthal & Bell

Been a season ticket holder for years 3rd generation Phillies Phanatic.

Can't wait for the new Park to open..the Vet is just plain awful :(

btw: Made the pilgimage to Cooperstown to see Richie Ashburn inducted.

The Largest crowd they ever had to that point..a sea of red (Y)

Can't wait for the new Park to open..the Vet is just plain awful :(

yeah i went to 1 game at the vet...it wasnt very impressive.. it was a lot like fulton county, but that place has been gone 7 years now... this is a page on the new Citizens Bank Park... looks very nice

yeah i went to 1 game at the vet...it wasnt very impressive.. it was a lot like fulton county, but that place has been gone 7 years now... this is a page on the new Citizens Bank Park... looks very nice

LOL!!!

I was watching a constuction webcam for a year man, and stopping by and just looking at the site every time I go up for a game :p

nice gesture with the link though (Y)

I've been all over every scrap of info since the first proposals.

...Indeed. Cooperstown is amazing. I spent an whole day there, in the museum and in the town. i hated that i had to leave. If you are a baseball fan, you must go. You dont know what you are missing if you havent.

I wanna go back again SOOO bad! The 1st time was in 1974 while running around upstate NY during the summer. I don't remember much of it, though. The 2nd time was in 1989 when we went to the Hall of Fame induction to see Johnny Bench go in (he's my all time fave baseball player) along with Carl Yastrzemski and Harry Carey. We booed Bart Giamatti!!!! (Y)

Cooperstown is cool by itself, but being there with most of the cream of baseball history....all I can say is WOW. :wub:

I wanna go back again SOOO bad! The 1st time was in 1974 while running around upstate NY during the summer. I don't remember much of it, though. The 2nd time was in 1989 when we went to the Hall of Fame induction to see Johnny Bench go in (he's my all time fave baseball player) along with Carl Yastrzemski and Harry Carey. We booed Bart Giamatti!!!! (Y)

Cooperstown is cool by itself, but being there with most of the cream of baseball history....all I can say is WOW. :wub:

i went during the summer of 1998, during the great mcgwire/sosa home run race... there was no induction when i went, but it was still exciting.. the whole place was buzzing with excitement over the chase for 61.. i picked up a mcgwire rookie card in one of the shops across the street from the Hall.. that was a great year...

I was watching a constuction webcam for a year man, and stopping by and just looking at the site every time I go up for a game

ah yes, i remember those days.. every time i would go to fulton county after they started building '96 olympic stadium/turner field i would just stand at the rail and watch then build it before the game and dream of how nice it would be... then i would have to go back inside the old circular beast :/

I just want to say that somone wrote in dougkinzinger for catcher....as he is the catcher on our team. Ironically, the voter was not a teammate or relative.

Congrats doug. You only need around 500,000 more votes to get in. ;)

ah yes, i remember those days.. every time i would go to fulton county after they started building '96 olympic stadium/turner field i would just stand at the rail and watch then build it before the game and dream of how nice it would be... then i would have to go back inside the old circular beast :/

heh..exactly as here.

They thought the "Roman Coliseum" was a great model for a venue.

somebody needed to tell the architect They didn't play baseball in Rome foo!

7-1-03: Helton, who led Bagwell by a mere 214 votes a week ago, now leads the Astro slugger by 181,294 as he attempts to win the balloting at the position for the third consecutive year. Hahaha! I knew you guys would come thru!! :D :D :D

heh..exactly as here.

They thought the "Roman Coliseum" was a great model for a venue.

somebody needed to tell the architect They didn't play baseball in Rome foo!

yep yep...but at least they are easy to implode

btw...now that helton has pretty much made it...how about you guys help out furcal and lopez...looks like giles and sheffield will make it easily

I am amazed with the results. I am glad that finally new coming baseball star are given the change to be honor. I am totally agree that Ichiro should go to the game but I am a bit bother by Matsui as a starter. He should be on the reserve.

yeah i agree about Matsui. he should not be starting. Vernon Wells should be in his place. I'm optimistic about the game, ive got a lot of confidence in the NL with 7 Braves on the team.. :).

also, too bad for corey patterson.. i was hoping he would get that last spot.. now hes out for the season.. hopefully his recovery will go well

yeah so did anyone watch the game tonight? i am so pi55ed off right now.. i never did like eric gagne.. but now i think i hate him more than barry bonds.. barry may be an ass, but he never cost my league (potentially my team) homefield advantage in the WS.. yeah my thoughts arent very rational right now, but i am still fuming 3 hours later.. omg i hate eric gagne.. :angry: :angry: :angry: :crazy: :crazy: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: